The second Island

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

The day of departure had arrived, and every party member of Kim Dokja's company had gathered in one place except for Kim Dokja, who said; "I have something to discuss with my master." up until now he hasn't returned yet. "Goodbye! Farewell people of the small island!" Liridona waved happily at the people. Each incarnation here is waving back with a warm smile, some even brought departure gifts for Liridona, "Take this with you." colorful trinkets from a broken machine were given to her. Some gave fruit, some gave items she definitely could use in the future, and Liridona accepted with the biggest smile she could condure.

[Fable, 'Reincarnator of Ten Thousand Years', is singing a song of farewell.]

[Fable, 'World's Most Ancient Farmer', is wishing you godspeed.]

Some would leave, while some would remain behind. The moments of the most distant things meeting and then parting again, would be remembered by the Fables. That was how this world continued to exist. "Junghyuk-ah! Look, a dumpling plushie!" Yoo Junghyuk saw the small sewed dumpling in her hands and nodded in acknowledgment. "How come Liridona-eonnie receives such amazing things?" Yoo Mia pouted beside her brother. "Because everyone loves Liridona-Eonnie that's why..." Lee Gilyeoung stared at the woman with shining eyes. "Liridona-Noona do you want this?" Liridona took a glance at the kid and accepted the flower he picked beside him. "Thank You Gilyeong-nii, this is lovely..." A blush crept on Lee Gilyoung's face, "S-see that you Sooty bastard?!" Yoo Junghyuk ignored the kid and pulled Liridona closer to him to spite Lee gilyoung more.

Soon, Kim Dokja along with Cheok Jungyeong approach the giant brazier behind them. "Let us travel together." Liridona nodded in delight, "Sounds good." Kim Dokja replied and faced the brazier in front of them. "The merrier," Cheok Jungyeong chuckled at her and plastered a big smile. "Ah, it has been long since I've encountered someone as demure and kind-hearted as you." Liridona blushed and hid behind Yoo Junghyuk, "Ah, What an adorable Incarnation..." The others chuckled at flustered Liridona behind the silent Yoo Junghyuk. "By the way, about the next scenario...." Kim Dokja brought up.

The scenario of the 'Middle Island' was a preparatory one for the main island's Great War of Saints and Demons. Cheok Jun-Gyeong nodded his head, seemingly having misunderstood what Kim Dokja said somehow. "Now that I recall, you are a Demon King, are you not? Alright. If I'm destined to fight you, then I swear to give it my all." Kim Dokja stiffened and flailed his arms wildly. "N-no, hang on a sec. That's not what I...." Cheok Junghyeong sighed and smiled softly. "This great one shan't be tethered to the unnecessary personal emotions of fate during our true battle, so you can rest easy." Somehow, Kim dokja had to pray fervently that I don't become Cheok Jun-Gyeong's target during the upcoming scenario. 

[Tutorial Scenario has concluded!]

[Transfer to the 'Middle Island' has begun!]

[Main Scenario has been updated!]

[You have arrived on 'Middle Island No.3'.]

Accompanied by the 'update' message, the surrounding view began changing bit by bit. Thankfully, Liridona spotted Yoo Junghyuk not far from her, only 50 feet away from her. She used her dainty legs to run to him. "Careful or you might trip..." She gasped in her breath as soon as she reached him. The acrid odor of blood stung Liridona's nose. They weregreeted by the grisly sightead corpses belonging to Constellations and Incarnations strewn about on a vast plain. This view was more than enough to dampen one's spirit, but Yoo Junghyuk was relieved to see it. It was far more advantageous to start this scenario later than the others, as that would lower the odds of running into powerful Constellations that had entered here beforehand.

"Woah, a massacre must've taken place before we arrived..." Yoo Junghyuk nodded, "Stay close to me at all costs." She looked up at him and nodded, "But I can protect myself-" Yoo Junghyuk stopped in his tracks and looked her dead in the eye. "I know, But I will blame myself If something happened to you." That stop Liridona, "Oh, okay!" She smiled and continued walking. Before they could go far, however, a system message arrived blocking their view in front. Along with the crackling noise, Yoo Junghyuk felt his shoulders grow just a bit wider, He had been feeling constricted for some time, but now, it felt like he could breathe a bit easier. Liridona's appearance changed also, she grew a bit taller and a trace of daintiness left her appearance. The familiar divine aura can be subjugated on her again, and all fatigued Yoo Junghyuk felt that time left his body.

['Probability of the 2nd generation' is active within the relevant area.]

[A portion of your skills have been unlocked.]

[A portion of your overall Stats have been restored.]

[A new Hidden Scenario has arrived!]

+

< Hidden Scenario – Snatching Modifiers >

Type: Main

Difficulty: ???

Clear Conditions: Take away the 'Modifier Necklace' from the enemy designated as your target. (In case the participant does not possess any Modifiers, it will be replaced by his or her true name.)

Time limit: -

Reward: Randomly obtain one of the target's Fables, and acquire a ticket for entry into the 'Main Island'.

Failure: ???

+

This scenario was the final hurdle before advancing to the 'Main Island'. The content of this scenario was simple. I needed to take away the mark of the Modifier from someone who was designated as my target. A small necklace shimmering in silver already found itself dangling around their neck by then. It was the necklace with their name written on it. "I felt something wrong..." Yoo Junghyuk felt it too... "Let's hide here first." They hid behind a giant cobblestone and sat down for a while. "Well, we should have our target..." Just as Liridona said, the system messages appeared on their faces.

[Yoo Junghyuk]

[Liridona Amphelice]

[Number of survivors on 'Middle Island No.3' is 262.]

That was a far higher number than Yoo Junghyuk expected. However, it wasn't enough to change his plan. Because the powerful Constellations should have advanced to the 'Main Island' by now. No, the really important bit was just who got tagged as their target, but the powerful ones had already disappeared from here, so it must be... "I have received mine, it's Anna Croft." Yoo Junghyuk's eyes burned in anger hearing the prophet's name. But his target was still loading. "Who did you get?" Yoo Junghyuk didn't respond as he stared hard at the screen in front of him.

[Your 'primary target' has been decided.]

[Modifier of your 'primary target' is Demon King of Salvation.]

Right after that, Liridona discovered a group of Constellations busy running towards this location from a distance – a group that was urgently running away as if they were being chased down by something. Along with the noise of the ground exploding, a part of the group became bloody sacks of meat and flew away like a splitting ocean wave. And Yoo Junghyuk could see the one giving chase to the escaping Constellations through the rising murky dust cloud. "Stay behind here, we do not engage to fight yet please, Junghyuk-ah..." Yoo Junghyuk grumbled but heed to her wishes nonetheless.