One's lost ego

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"P-please, spare me! Your highness!! Spare me!" Lee Hyunsung's screams filled the place, "Don't you think you're overdoing it?" Liridona spoke to the regressor.  "Roll to your left," She was just ignored, however. "Euh-euhk, Keuh-euk!" Liridona sighed and stared hopelessly. "To your right," Liridona look around and grabbed a bottle of a small vial. "Y-your highness..! Oh, dear knightress help me..!" Liridona opened the bottle and look at them. "I don't remember permitting you to speak." Like a military drill instructor, Yu Joong-Hyeok was in the middle of 'punishing' Yi Hyeon-Seong. As for Kim Dokja, He was spectating that from the side. "B-but, why are you making me do this?! Fourth Prince! Your Highness! Please, say something to your brother! Oh, Knightress help me?!" Liridona shook her head and approached the man. "Can you recall anything now by any chance?" Liridona smelled the scent and smiled. "Euh, euh-euh... My, my back.... I'm an old soldier, so why...." Liridona knelt and have the man before him smell the vial, "You should regain your lost memories now Toi..." 

In order to tread the route Han Sooyoung's [Predictive Plagiarism] had foreseen, we need to make Lee Hyunsung regain his memories first. And certain memories were better remembered by one's body, rather than one's brain. But what Liridona did was uncalled for, "What is that?" Kim Dokja approached. "It is a potion I concocted not too long ago. I was having a hard time remembering things and the ingredients in this vial is strong enough to make me remember things I have long forgotten." Kim Dokja spectated the item and smelled it himself, memories of the distant past flooded his mind. The time he spent working on an underpaid job. Flashes of camera flooding his sight- "That is enough..." Kim Dokja was snapped out of his mini flashback and returned the vial. "What if you drink it?" Liridona shook her head. "I'm afraid not, I have not perfected it yet. Drinking it would cause a fatal reaction to your body due to the poisons I added." Kim Dokja nodded and looked at the dazed Lee Hyunsung. Seems like memories are not yet returning to him.

⸢This might be a cruel thing for Lee Hyunsung to go through, but....⸥

Unfortunately, They didn't have any other choice right now. Even Han Sooyoung's book failed to record the life of Bilston as lived from Lee Hyunsung's perspective. As they had no idea what kind of a life he lived before he got swallowed up by this world, there was only so many methods they could resort to for waking him up. And so, how long did it pass by like this? The potion was slowly taking effect. "Something feels strange," Lee Hyunsung said, his head planted on the floor, and suddenly began rambling nonsense. "I feel more comfortable now, weird memories are flooding my mind."

[Character, 'Bilston', is under tremendous confusion.]

[Ego of the character, 'Yi Hyunsung', is wiggling around.]

[The potion is taking an effect.]

Yoo Junghyuk and Kim Dokja stared at each other simultaneously. Liridona was busy with her idled items to notice her vial was taking effect. Now normally, it'd been a tall order to wake Lee Hyunsung's ego with such little stimulation. However, the story was a bit different right now. Because Kim Dokja was here, and so were Yoo Junghyuk and Liridona. 

[Beings sharing the same Fable as you are in your near vicinity.]

[The bond between the Fable is strengthening!]

Right now, four members of <Kim Dok-Ja's Company> had gathered here, in this place. There was a certain old adage regarding this situation – 'Sam-in-seong-ho'(三人成虎). This means, that when three people gathered, they could create a fake story of a tiger. They might not be able to create a tall tale of a tiger, but it could be possible to do something else, instead. "We might not see the vial taking effect in a way we want, but that is because it is not made for this type of thing... So, I deeply apologized if I wasn't much help." Yoo Junghyuk caressed the back of the woman in hopes of consoling her. "What you did was a big help." Liridona smiled subtly and nodded. She indeed helps a lot, For instance, summoning back the memories that didn't exist within this worldview. As how the vial does not bring a big impact, it brought memories from a distant past. And that gave Lee Hyunsung's ego a leeway to wake up. Faint rays of light were now being emitted from Lee Hyunsung's body.

[Fables possessed by your Nebula are beginning to resist the 'worldview'.]

[Ego of the character, 'Yi Hyunsung', is slowly opening its eyes.]

[Great Fable, 'Kaixenix Archipelago', is glaring at your group!]

Han Sooyoung said that this scenario played out in a world controlled by the 'Great Fable'. So, if one could escape from the Fable's control, then it'd be possible to regain one's forgotten ego. "Euh, euh-uh, uh...." Lee Hyunsung blinked his eyes laboriously, his lips bobbing up and down like a newborn trying to form words. "....D-Dok-Ja-ssi?"

[Worldview is imposing a penalty on the words not aligned with the Probability!]

Tsu-chuchuchuchut!! "Uwaaaaahhk?!?!" Lee Hyunsung writhed painfully as he got electrocuted by the sparks. Kim Dokja shifted his head to the side and saw the battle-ready Yoo Junghyuk standing up from his spot, Liridona beside him with her sword tightly grasped in her dainty hands. The important preparations had been completed now. Yoo Junghyuk grasped his [Dark Heavenly Demon Sword] and threw out a question.

– Which route are we choosing?

– The one we'd been treading all along.

The author of this scenario was Han Sooyoung. Regrettably, there was no guarantee of the work ending up as a success even if the author did an excellent job.

– Time to start our attack, Yoo Junghyuk.

Because, the ones to complete the story were the 'Characters', not the author, that's why.

[A new 'Great Fable' is beginning to sprout in your Nebula.]