A Taste of the Past

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

One moment she was standing in the field with the heated glares of the constellations, and now she was lying in bed with a towel on her forehead. She gasped and blinked twice, the memories of yesterday came rushing in 'Could it be I'm back?' But she couldn't move, nor could she speak. But there was someone there, she sense its lingering stare. "If you chose to remain by his side... I wouldn't hesitate to take you." Liridona could hardly hold back her tears anymore, This took her captor aback. "Do not fret, I meant no harm. I only think it would be better if you were by my side." A strangled whimper left her mouth, "You may speak." A gasp soon left her mouth. "I do not know the depth of your wrath against them. But I beg of you, I cannot be separated from the man I love." The captor remained stoic, "I am him, He is me... I am the man you love from that novel, wherefore not me?" It left a bitter taste in his mouth, "No, He is not simply you. He would never do something to harm me, furthermore so to force it upon me." The pain in her words can be felt even at his distance, it clenched his heart. "Would you choose me?" Liridona smiled painfully, "If destiny forbids... Why not?" And at the sudden blink of her teary eyes... 

She was back in his arms.

*

The moment she opened her eyes, Only a few remained beside her. "Where are the others?" Yoo Junghyuk gazes at her and looks away, "That bastard Dokja went to the underworld." Liridona look at her palm and smiled ruefully, "I-I feel dizzy." This alarmed the regressor and rushed to her side, "I-I... Hah." He shook her awake multiple times, but to no luck, she was back in her deep slumber. Her pale complexion was paler than normal, her lips turning purple. "Liridona," He reached out for the vial in his coat and fed it upon her. "That bastard Plotter... Is this his doing?" His weary mind cannot fathom the fact that he could lose her just like this... Not to his other self, not even by anyone. 

He rushed her to a shed and laid her down, the ongoing fight was raging. "Stay here," He left her side in the care of a protective barrier and went on to join the fight, it was better this way. No one could see her nonetheless feel her. 

*

The Plotter watched in amazement, at least his counter-self wasn't so stupid after all. "I see you have a change of plan," 41 spoke as he gaze at the screen. "It was 999's idea after all... I believe you wouldn't want to see her in such distress and agonizing state..." It was still mind-boggling for 41, wherefore they needed to feel this sentimental and disturbing feeling of affection towards her. "If we have ample time, we secure her here with us and finish the final scenario." 999 suggested as he looked at the screen full of longing, "Great Plotter, shall you have one of us get the quarters ready for her arrival?" The Plotter sighed and made a go-on gesture. 666, 555, 444, and 999 went on. Leaving the Plotter and 41 to speak amongst themselves, "Great Plotter, it seems you're being swayed by her dainty and frail self... But you mustn't forget our main goal here." The great plotter kept his lips sealed as he tried to stop the raging thoughts about the woman on the screen.