The unknown hooded figure

Yoo Junghyuk's murderous glare sent shivers down their spine, it almost felt like their soul is pierced. "I'll kill you..." Yoo Junghyuk left Han Sooyoung and trailed after Liridona at a quick pace. "I guess it's better we do not provoke the lady huh?" Even from afar, Liridona's blood lust was oozing out in a deadly manner. "But Dokja-ssi, how does their relationship progress in the original story?" Kim Dokja had read it, "Well, once the prince and the daughter of the earl were married... The first prince impregnated his knightress and ran away. After their child was born, the queen ordered her men to track them and kill his family in front of him. After that, the first prince was driven mad and returned to the castle. He was then brainwashed and become the cold-blooded prince, well king now." Heewon had her breath stuck in her throat. "Seriously? It was that dark?" Kim Dokja however did not care, they were going to change this story and join the war.

*

"Liridona," The lady sighed and ought to ignore the male beside her. "I know something's wrong... tell me." Liridona grew far more infuriated at his tone... Like it was contradicting his words that there's something indeed wrong. "Go away," Yoo Junghyuk's eyebrow twitch in annoyance, what could get her acting like this? They were just fine a moment ago. "Did you not hear me? I said go!" Yoo Junghuk visibly flinch in his position, she never raised her voice at him. Nor did she act like this daily. "Liri-" with an aggrieved sigh, the lady stood up and left her leaning position. "Goodness!" She left his side and went to stand again beside the two. "What dark?" The both of them look at her in astonishment. "Nothing of importance, Han Su-Yeong. Your role is the most important one. You know that, right? You gotta do your part properly, so that....." She didn't answer back. "...Han Su-Yeong?" Strange sparks suddenly danced around her figure. Yuri di Aristel's ego was pushing aside Han Su-Yeong's.

⸢I'll never let you go.⸥

Yuri was crying out, tears streaming out of her eyes.

⸢Sooner or later, you'll regret leaving this place!⸥

⸢All the Fables you possess will wither away like ruins with no one visiting them, and no one will remember them anymore.⸥

⸢And in the end, they won't even be able to stay frozen on this island and vanish from this world!⸥

"That could happen."

⸢What was that?⸥

Yuri sounded dumbfounded at Dokja's words.

Yuri di Aristel – this scenario's original villain or heroine... Depends on what genre you like to read this goddamn novel exactly. If the scenario unfolded as it should have, then by this time, she'd probably have become the king's lover after experiencing a regular life of growing up as someone's daughter, she would've already sent her men on murdering his husband's child and another wife.

⸢If you remain in this world, you'll all be safe.⸥

⸢I'll ask the 'King of Reincarnators' for a favor. Let us remain in this place together. And entrust yourselves to the Samsara's wall. When you do.....⸥

"Then, we'd live on while carrying the same scenario every single time."

⸢What?⸥

I slowly blinked my eyes and asked her. "Yuri di Aristel. How did it feel when you became the queen for the first ever?" Her irises quaked intensely just then. "Do you adore being called... the Monarch of terrors?" Similar sparks danced around Liridona's body, but at a low intensity.

⸢I.....⸥

The 'Isle of Reincarnators'ally a museum of ancient Fables that had disappeared in the back alleys of the changing era. The foundation of this world was one of the 3rd generation's medieval-themed fantasy settings. Yuri di Aristel would've lived the same life over and over again while repeating the actions and speeches set out by the Great Fable. Han Su-Yeong knew this, and she probably wanted to show her host the possibility of new stories.

⸢I, only....!!⸥

Most likely, Yuri had realized it by now. Because, Han Su-Yeong was an excellent writer, after all. "You like Han Su-Yeong, yes?" Liridona sighed and approached her, "If you do, please believe in her. She will not abandon you." Yuri di Aristel looked at them for a little while before forming a complicated expression; her presence vanished afterward. A round of lightly-dancing sparks later, Han Su-Yeong's white irises reverted to their normal state. She staggered a little bit as if she was struck by a dizzy spell. She then looked at them as if impressed by their actions and spoke. "....Kim Dokja. Not too shabby, eh?" Yoo Junghyuk approached from the distance with a face twisted with a grimace. "I learned from you." Han Sooyoung laughs and hit his shoulder "Yuri might want to marry you at this rate...." Kim Dokja sighed and turned away from the woman. "Stop with your nonsense and get ready. We're about to make our entrance."

They pushed the doors to the audience chamber wide open. And almost immediately, threatening air poured down on them from either side of the chamber itself. They walked past them and headed straight toward the throne. But, just as they arrived before it, someone among the gathered crowd loudly shouted at them. "Who is the king?" Who was the king...They were here to get the answer to that burning question. "Is it like what the rumor said and the Dark Magician is the new queen?" Liridona felt dizzy at the hollering back and forth, "Show us the legitimate king!" Then there it is again, everything sounds muffled and far away. Only the knocks echo away in her ear, "Oh, dear Princes! Tell us the truth!"

[Great Fable, 'Kaixenix Archipelago', has bared its animosity.]

"I am the new ruler of the Kaixenix Archipelago." Liridona was shaken off her trance when a hard grip made prominent sense on her shoulder, "Focus, anytime now... We live." Liridona however did not hear a thing. Yoo Junghyuk's form seemed to be shrouded in a thick and massive cloak, his voice a little deeper octave than usual. She averted her eyes away from him and look around. 

focus

focus

Yoo Junghyuk stared at the woman before him, he saw droplets of blood make their way down her nose. "You're nosebleeding," the urgency in his voice was hard to miss as he made her face him. "O-oh, what is this?" it's as if her body was not there, like the feeling of being somewhere else... Like the pain, she felt the moment she shifted in his world... I could return you there if I wish to do so. Don't forget, Liridona. The dark looming voice came back, but she recognizes it now.