𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 .

Love is a trial.

❝ HOW DO I FIND LOVE WHEN IN EXPERIMENTAL RUIN? ❞

HOW DO I FIND LOVE WHEN IN EXPERIMENTAL RUIN? 

─────────────────

SHE VIGOROUSLY TAPPED the tip of her ink-dipped quill on her wooden desk. Her face expressed frustration for who knows what, and her eyes were intensely staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of her. Her face was worryingly close to the desk. 

She creepily mumbled under her breath; a link of words as if she was reciting some sort of ritual. She just exuded a discontented aura. One would've thought they'd walk into something serious, but actually, that was quite the opposite.

Y/n was not a very busy person, and when she was, she would finish everything within an hour. Being one of the more passive Knights of Favonious, she works efficiently just so she doesn't have anything to do later on. Other than that, she works efficiently so that Jean won't be at her doorstep. They called her the Lovelorn Lady, y/n. 

Now, just like every other day, she was writing a love letter. To whom? Even she doesn't know. It was a peculiar phenomenon that everyone in Mondstadt knew about her. She who loves an unknown person. Even unknown to herself. 

Many called her helpless, but everyone else around her found it the intriguing aspect about her. She was no doubt, the odd one out of the Knights of Favonious, but a lovely addition.

Just when her frequent quill tapping against the wooden surface, the whole room was filled with clicking noises. Suddenly, a firm book tapped the top of her head, stopping her from whatever she was doing or thinking. 

She didn't move, but her eyes slowly looked up to find out whose book was upon her head. She had just hoped it wasn't Jean.

And luckily, it wasn't.

The book lifted from her head and revealed an ash-blonde boy with a deadpanned expression. "I suppose you were busy?" His clothes were covered in a light coat of snow — now falling onto her office floor.

Y/n fumbled with her words for a moment before responding with a coherent sentence, "T-that's not it. Do you need help with something, Albedo?"

He nodded, not before he observed her usual—unusual behavior. Her eyes flashed between the paper and then to him with a nervous smile, not bothering to realize that the ink on her quill was slowly dripping onto said paper. In some way, he found it kind of charming. How? Who knows.

"Are you planning on climbing the statue again?" He asked, using his index finger to point toward the blank sheet of paper. He amusingly watched as her face changed from a nervous expression into a shocked and embarrassed one. Her whole being was slowly descending into madness. He asked respectfully, of course.