𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 .

What does it take to give love to those who have lost it?

YOUR EYES ARE JUST LIKE THE SEA, VAST AND FULL OF LIFE.

─────────────────

HARSH SCRIBBLES SOUND through the forest. Miss y/n was signing her life away, all in a letter. She thought it was pathetic; writing like mad in the situation she's in to someone she doesn't know. She could be writing to the people she cared about at home. Maybe her will. Perhaps an explanation.

But no. The hopeless romantic writes to her soulmate with ease.

She felt as if she was in her natural habitat. Writing freely despite the muddled thoughts. Letting nature move her hands into the form of scribing words. All of her feelings were being poured into pen and paper. She was in her element once again. She thought of Kazuha with a thankful prayer.

Birds melodically sung in the forest, perhaps chirping about the fine weather or about the girl who disturbed the peaceful ambience of nature with her loud scratching. She smiled childishly to herself, humming here and there at her own convenience.

Such a shame the poor girl was so lost in her writing. She failed to notice the honey-eyed, second son of the Feiyun Commerce Guild, who watched amusingly at his leisure. It was surely the strangest thing he's seen today. Someone so beautiful wearing such a grin.

Originally, he was doing small commissions around Wuwang Hill—killing hilichurls here and there. He was caught up in the familiar sounds of paper and pen strangely about the forest, so he was investigating. Instead of a hilichurl, he was delighted to see someone passionately writing.

To be honest, he'd be able to watch her all day if he could. He was taken aback when the girl suddenly stopped and whipped her head right in his direction. It seemed that she finally noticed.

"I- uh... am I a bother?" she asked shyly, tucking away her materials and neatly folding the letter in a pouch she recently got from the harbor. Her voice was all the more soothing to him. He was intrigued to say the least.

The honey-eyed boy left his post by the shadows and trees and waltzed his way over in her direction. "No, I was just simply admiring. Do you like writing?"

"I do. ." she laughed, using her hand to slightly cover her mouth. No doubt in his mind that she was as beautiful as the goddesses written in books and legends.

"Pardon me. I am Xingqiu, the second son of the Feiyun Commerce Guild," the boy named Xingqiu cleared his throat before placing a hand over his heart. Y/n smiled warmly, appreciating the gesture.

"Y/n," she waved gently, "Nice to meet you." She would be lying if she said she wasn't shy, but it'd be rude to not reply after he'd been so polite. Y/n was a a tad bit embarrassed still that he caught her earlier.