𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 .

Love doesn't save the unfortunate.

❝ A MEMORY OR A FORGOTTEN DREAM? ❞

A MEMORY OR A FORGOTTEN DREAM?

─────────────────

HE IMAGINED HER to be smiling freely, lost between the fine line of the horizon and the sea, just as he'd first seen her. So easily misinterpreted as someone not of this world, someone as a figment of their silly delusions and fantasies.

There she was again. Except her body was sullied by numerous injuries and she was a ghastly pale figure rather than a sea fairy admiring the ocean. Staring at her tranquil face as she was facing Death's door was like trying to decipher a poem. It was unmistakably beautiful but it was confusing to understand.

Just how did she end up like this?

The little miss who had so nicely asked for something as small as an ink and quill for her shenanigans. And despite those injuries, she was just as ethereal as the last he'd seen her. His core tremored in her presence just as before. A soft ringing melody that rang in his ears; a sound that only belonged to her and her alone.

Similar to the last time, everything in his core was shaken by this one girl. He couldn't fathom why.

"Kazuha, I've never seen you out of it," Beidou knocked, leaning on the doorframe that belonged to a room below deck. He was so lost in his own thoughts, he didn't even hear the slightest sounds anymore. His ears were already charmed by her music. Occupied with the sounds of a pure heart.

Beidou observed the sheathed sword beside the girl she could recognize. It was rare for Kazuha to keep his guard down, more specifically because he was home. He was in Inazuma. A place where there was no mercy for those with visions anymore. But here he was, placid and zoned out. She could guess a few reasons why.

Leaving her place by the door, she approached Kazuha, placing an arm over his shoulder with a wide grin, "Have faith in our medics, she'll be fine."

"Oh, I have no doubts your medics are capable," He solemnly stated. His face still contorted with a slight worry. He took it upon himself to grab the longer strand of hair that reached the floors. "Her hair is growing excessively longer."

"She's a puzzle, ain't she? None of the doctors could give a reason for it either."

The both of them could assume that if she were alive and well, her hair would be gliding across the floor with that length. It was seriously abnormal. More of a reason for Kazuha to assume that the lady before him was of divine descent. There could be no other reason.

"Now to think about how the miss got here. ." Beidou pondered, "It would've been impossible, hm?"

Kazuha nodded briefly adjusting his sleeve, "The Inazuma storm has been riveting as of late." His concern doesn't go unseen. Ever since the Shogunate's Vision Hunt Decree, Inazuma has somewhat became the opposite of peaceful and eternal. In short, it was unstable. Deathly unstable. Kazuha was convinced no one but Beidou had the ability to survive through the storms. But he was proven wrong.