𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 .

Love desires sacrifice.

❝ I WON'T BE GONE FOR LONG

 I WON'T BE GONE FOR LONG. 

─────────────────

Y/N DIDN'T SLEEP a wink since that incident. It clearly showed. 

When she stared at the sleep-starved zombie in the mirror, it was like she stared death in the face. Eyebags darker than the ebony hairbrush on the side or the ink she had on her table, and hair as unkept as a lion. 

She was permitted a couple of days off since that incident, but it didn't mean she took a break. In fact, she did anything but that. Her intrusive thoughts kept her awake whenever she tried, and the strange ring in her ears that would call to her. Perhaps all the stress hindered her healing.

It eventually came to a point where she concluded upon locking herself up in a prison. Somewhere far, far away from people, away from civilization. The more she recalled the memory, the worse her imagination grew. 

Once, just once, did she think to go outside and give herself a break? Sort of. 

She saw how happy the children played, how peaceful the people watched, and how lively the whole city was. The truth of it all, everyone was happy. She couldn't ruin that. She didn't want to. But she knew this festering power welling inside her would be out of her control.

Her love for the home she grew up in and the people who lived in it only grew stronger now that she had a responsibility.

The next night, since she couldn't sleep, she stayed up researching. Book to book, one by one, she sifted through the pages for something to go off of.

Her finger stopped gliding across the page to a particular bolded headline.

"Snezhnaya's Ice Garden." She read aloud, fascinated by its delightful-sounding name. As she read on, it turned out to be a horrific prison only for the worst of the worst, guarded and kept haven of the Fatui Harbingers. 'Such a beautiful sounding prison.'

While most of its information was kept hidden by the Tsaritsa and her followers, all the people outside of Snezhnaya knew that it was a place isolated from the rest—as if being in the arctic snow wasn't isolating enough. 

Isolated, heavily guarded, and protected by the Cryo Archon. It sounded like a perfect place to y/n. If by some chance, she were to go insane, wouldn't this place be great? What if she became evil because of this power she held, a power she knows nothing about. She could go out of control at any moment in time.