𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 .

Love creates irreversible conflict.

❝ HER ALLURE IS WHAT BECOMES A MYSTERY

HER ALLURE IS WHAT BECOMES A MYSTERY.

─────────────────

NO, IT DEFINITELY was not what she was expecting at all.

A dragon had fallen out of the sky, dead and limp on the table set for the Geo Archon. Screams echoed in her ear and suddenly, she saw a familiar blonde run away from the scene alongside a panicky pixie. The yelps and worried murmurs crowded her ears, jumbled her mind, and made her utterly uncomfortable. Not even a moment later, the Tianquan announced Rex Lapis, dead.

She was urged to attend the Rite. Not that she didn't want to, but in her state, she simply didn't think it was appropriate. However, the more she witnessed the excited clamor of the bustling city, she couldn't bring herself to say no. The people of Liyue had so much love and pride for their Archon. Her only rationale was 'might as well be my final event'.

Oh, poor, naive y/n.

Ever since her impromptu transformation, she realized that her ears picked up a lot more.

Most of which were nonsense.

"That can't be! Our Archon. ."

"What will happen now?"

"Who would have done such a thing?"

The mindless shudder of voices needed to be muffled by y/n's quivering hands. To which she brings them to cup her ears and think to herself for a bit. Y/n began to wonder as well. Who would've done the impossible? Or a better question, who could've? Surely, nothing beats an archon. That's when her eyes shot open and an unnerving idea seeped into her mind.

She takes the hands off of her ears and hovers them in front of her. Staring into her palms with the utmost disgust even though they looked completely clean and normal.

She must've thought that her presence—getting reprimanded by Celestia for using her vision earlier—was the idea that killed Rex Lapis. Maybe she had unknowingly used her forbidden, mysterious power. Maybe she was being punished for being careless.

There was just not enough information, but not enough to refute her absurd thoughts. If she was really responsible for the archon's death, she had just killed the hope for all Liyuans.

One quick look at the lifeless dragon surrounded by worried guards and fearful citizens, and she was riddled with fear, trembling with a gut-wrenching sense of guilt.

With her shaky voice, she pleads with all of her might under her breath, "Let this be a joke, Celestia. ."

"Hey, Girlie—hold still." A voice from behind Lumine emerged, followed by glistening hydro shots that knocked the guards' weapons out of hand. A figure soon followed and quickly, a burst of hydro made the guards tumble. It had seemed like Lumine was saved by him, though she was confused. The clattering of backup heard above them was a symbol that they needed to move.