𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 .

Love is fleeting.

❝ YOU'LL SEE ME AGAIN, I PROMISE

 YOU'LL SEE ME AGAIN, I PROMISE. 

─────────────────

 HER BODY PLUNDERED down the ridged hill with a thump and hit, giving her fresh cuts on her knees and hands. She helplessly huffed out of breath, unsure of how she was going to continue with her reckless actions.

Still, determined to leave without a trace, she picked herself up and limply ran further into the forest.

From what she knew, she was deep into the Wolvendom territory. Her goal was past beyond it, the Dragonspine nearby and a path straying beside it into Liyue. 

The items in her bag rustled around as she moved with no coordination through trees and occasionally through paved paths. She swerved so quickly, almost as if she was truly being chased for her life. 

When she had thought she finally made it to the end of the forest, a gust of wind pushed her off the ground unexpectedly, pulling her away. On instinct, she reached her hand out as if she were to grab anything, but by then, she was already too far up. 

A sudden gust of wind. From nowhere?

"The saddest Windsongbird played a solemn tune." A boyish voice came from behind her, breathing down her neck. She shivered, praying and hoping it wasn't who she thought it was. "Was the song a tune into your heart, y/n?"

The wind constantly pushed and tugged her into the air, begging for an answer. The longer she stayed afloat in silence, the more guilt pooled in her mind.

"I'm sorry. . . "  she stuttered, "I thought—I. ."

He brought her down gently, placing her feet right up so that she could stand. Finally seeing the pitiful face on her Archon, her frown grew bigger as well. 

His eyes glowed brightly after borrowing the powers of his archonic deity, but his furrowed brows, his tense body; in this situation, he fell in between an all-powerful God, and a human who was watching someone abandon him.

"Please just. .don't tell anyone." Y/n pleaded, rubbing her left forearm awkwardly, "I love my home, I do. I love being here, I swear it."

"I understand, but why must you leave?" He said, his eyes settling down as he strode forward to grab y/n's arm gently. 

His warm hands were anything and everything but comfort. It just reminded them that even he can run cold one day, and it became unbearable for her to think about. He was so warm, so alive

He was a God and a revered archon who wields insurmountable power, one who can outlive anyone. Y/n was scared to reveal her silly and childish reasonings for leaving her very home and abandoning her city. No way she'd be able to accidentally kill a God, but she was so afraid.