𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 .

The dance of dreams reflects love in an open field of flowers.  

❝ WILL FLOWERS WILT IN THE PRESENCE OF A MONSTER? ❞

WILL FLOWERS WILT IN THE PRESENCE OF A MONSTER? 

─────────────────

HE'S NEVER BEEN as mesmerized with someone as he was with her. Every moment her figure appeared before him, his eyes were glued to every living, breathing aspect of her. 

He wanted to know what she was thinking in that mind of hers; he wanted to know just what made her so alluring. Her identity was kept hidden, even by his lord, Rex Lapis. She was unpredictable, even in the eyes of a truth seeker. A sweet scent seemed to linger around her.

Adeptus Xiao was helplessly trapped in the palm of y/n's hand—whether y/n knew it or not—and he knew it the moment she smiled at him from afar. Incident after another, their coincidental meetings were uncanny. One moment, she's being dragged around by Hu Tao, the next, she's alone picking flowers. He just couldn't seem to get away from her.

"Xiao, are you ready?" Hu Tao grinned sheepishly, imaginative stars brightened her whole face at the idea. For the past couple of days, Hu Tao has been tasked with the duty of getting y/n to settle in. Therefore, her days without work have been filled with torturing y/n instead of dead souls. "You're not going to be able to handle what I've prepared, even for an Adeptus like you."

Xiao scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I won't concern myself with meaningless surprises," He lied to himself. Truthfully, he was mildly curious. 

It was until Hu Tao signaled y/n to come from behind the curtains of the Wangshu Inn bathroom that he was calm. 

Y/n's new heels made contact with the wooden floorboards as she strode towards the main room. The sounds of bells rang in his ears as she walked. The jingle of every step came from the ornaments keeping her hair up.

"Your hair took forever, but you look great in Liyuan attire!" Hu Tao praised delightfully, tugging on the seams of the newly embroidered golden cape. "It matches so well with your hair."

Y/n seemed to be smiling as well, also satisfied with the current outfit that was perfectly sewn to fit her. She felt new, in a way. 

After the girls fawned over y/n's new look, they briefly looked to Xiao for some sort of reaction. Surprisingly so, he was frozen solid. The look on his face told them he was shocked, but the language his body was exuding was a form of self-control. He didn't even notice that y/n's hair was carefully made into a bun with braids and decorated with golden ornaments. 

The sound of steps coming his way snapped his previous entrancement, and suddenly, y/n was right in front of him with a smile. "What do you think?"

It irked him how she was just a bit taller than he was, now that her heels were on and she wasn't in some robe. She was teasing him too.