𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻 .

Love goes a long way.

❝ I ETCHED MY NAME IN YOUR HEART

I ETCHED MY NAME IN YOUR HEART. 

─────────────────

TROUBLE WEIGHED ON her heart. Something other than the immense guilt she felt was festering and taking control. She had underestimated the peril in her journey.

She dragged her feet meekly across the dirt of Mount Aozang, her fever slowly climbing along with her as she hugged the walls of the mountain. She was breathless and cumbersome from the journey, but panic drove her to keep moving until she made it to the top. 

Something bubbled in her chest and she feared it was already happening.

The awakening of her fearsome power. The sole reason she ran away. 

It was an instinct to climb the highest mountain she could find. If by chance she did awaken in the middle of Liyue, she thought it'd be safer to do it away from civilization until someone powerful enough would end her right then and there. 

It didn't have to come to this. She just wanted to lock herself up for eternity, she didn't want to die. But she thought, if that's what it takes instead of killing innocent people, she'd do it full-heartedly.

Her chest felt as if it was tightened by a rope and lit under a fire. Something in there was burning, but she was so close. In her final steps, she crossed the checking point and made it to the very top of Mount Aozang.

Though her world was spinning, and her chest burned with fury, she was glad to have made it in time. Even if she did become some fearsome, tyrannical monster, she secretly hoped she'd die in the hands of someone kind and be remembered by her loved ones in Mondstadt. She wished to have said goodbye before she left, but she was happy with how her life turned out. She took in a breath of fresh air before she collapsed on the ground, spilling her belongings. 

"Interesting. Rex Lapis' oracle was true?"

╭ ◜ ୨୧ ◝ ╮

"Are you sure she's not dead? She's been sleeping at this inn for a week." A young girl snickered, her eyes curiously looking over to the side of the sleeping beauty in question. She was breathtakingly beautiful, but she hasn't moved ever since a certain Adeptus fetched her for them.

The tall guy in the room sighed, taking a long sip of his tea, "She's breathing, so she isn't dead."

The brunette girl gasped, "Mister Zhongli. . don't tell me. . . THIS IS YOUR LONG-LOST LOV—"

"No."

"So I can take her into the afterlife?"

"She's still alive, Hu Tao."