𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 .

Love is an opening gateway to purgatory.

POWER CORRUPTS THE MIND. 

─────────────────

"FINE EVENING FOR a husk night drink, y/n." a voice cheered, a verdant green cape flying into view. A breath of the chilly breeze followed him as he landed on his feet. Spinning on his heel, he revealed his cheeky face. "Heading to the tavern?"

"Venti," y/n breathlessly said, a sigh of relief escaping her lips and a light chuckle coming to light. The previously windborne bard smiled fondly at her friendly reaction. A better contrast to the doubtful y/n he saw just the other day. A smile suited her better. "Yeah." She finished.

Y/n doesn't drink alcohol, not a single pint of it. There was only one sole reason why she wouldn't, and that's her alcohol tolerance. As mature of a lady she was, she couldn't handle even a single shot before wrecking the entire place in a hazy mindset. In other words, she shouldn't be heading to the tavern for a drink. 

"Y/n, don't tell me you're going to actually drink. ." Venti cautiously reached his hand out, taking a step closer to her deadpanned face. She knew what he was thinking, and no, she wouldn't do that to herself and poor Diluc's tavern. "Not saying I mind, but Diluc on the other hand. ."

It's not a joke, she would burn down the whole city if she were drunk.

"No, of course not." The world would've ended if she did, "Jean asked me to meet her there. Are you?"

"Would you be surprised if I told you no?"

She froze in her place, thinking of the possibility he of all people would ever say that. "Ah! Are you also a part of that meeting with Jean? Something to do with the traveler and Dvalin?"

Holy shit. Seriously, don't mess with y/n's ability to deduct a situation. She hit it right on the nail, it even shocked the Archon right in front of her.

In reality, it wasn't much of a mystery. Venti was the Anemo Archon. If the mission had anything to do with his dragon companion, Dvalin, of course he'd be there. 

"You—have you ever thought of joining Kaeya in his field of work?" Venti suggested, smirking as he pulled away and turned back around. He waved his finger in the air as he talked.

"Absolutely not. I like my position as it is."

"As the Lovelorn Lady?"

"No, as the person who just shows up whenever." she corrected proudly with her eyes closed, no shame that she was openly admitting to how lazy she was. "And don't call me that."

A brief silence fell on the two, only for a couple of moments before they burst into laughter. Their laughter filled the empty streets of Mondstadt, and it was only their voices that filled the void. Tears poking out the corners of y/n's eyes, she quickly wiped them away and pushed forward to the door of the tavern. Venti soon followed.