Chapter 1

Emily walks into her boyfriend of 7 months house. She sets down her purse and calls for Aaron. She was extremely nervous. Today wasn't a normal day. Today was the day Emily was meeting Hotch's teenage daughter. She already knew Jack previously but his daughter finally started talking to him again. Hotch came down the stairs and smiled when he seen his girlfriend standing there. He got to the bottom of the stairs and he gave her a long kiss. "Hello beautiful." He whispers and she laughs. "Hello." She says back before they walk to the kitchen. "What time will they be here?" Emily asks popping a grape from the fridge into her mouth. "Any minute. It's not to late to back out ya know." He says grabbing 2 drinks from the fridge. She gives him a small timid smile and he hands her the drink. Just as she takes a sip the iced tea the door opens. "Dad!!!!" His youngest yells. Emily freezes. Hotch walks to the front door and Emily slowly follows. Haley and Sara are talking in the doorway. Jack kisses Haley goodbye before running to the playroom. "Hi Sara." Hotch says to his teenage daughter. Haley nods to them and hugs Sara before leaving. Hotch closes the door and turns to his daughter and girlfriend. "Sara. I'd like you to meet someone." They turn towards Emily who is standing in the doorway to the kitchen. "This is my girlfriend. Her name is Emily." Sara glances between them both. "Hi." She says quietly staring at the floor. "Hello. It's nice to meet you." Emily says. Without saying another word Sara walks to her bedroom downstairs. "Jack! Buddy!" Hotch and Emily walk towards the playroom to find him. They walk into the playroom and he is building Legos on the floor. "Emily is here." Hotch says looking down at his son. Jack looks up and smiles brightly. "Emily!" He jumps off the ground and hugs her around the waist. "Hey stinky!" They both laugh and he sticks out his tongue at her. "Emilipede." She laughs and shakes her head. Hotch smiles at the two. "Alright Jack. Emilipede and I are going to make dinner. What do you want?" Emily shoots him a playful glare and Jack giggles. "I want pizza." He says and the two adults nod. Jack goes back to playing and they walk into the kitchen. "I'll go ask Sara what she wants." Hotch says on his way to the basement door. Emily grabs his arm and he looks at her. "I'll do it." She walks past him to the door and he smiles. Emily quietly ventures downstairs to the teenagers room down the hallway. Emily knocks quietly before opening the door. The 15 year old girl whips around from the desk shooting daggers at Emily. "What's the point of knocking if you are just going to walk right in?" She snaps and Emily stands there ignoring the comment. "Jack wants pizza for dinner. Is that alright with you?" Emily asks leaning against the doorframe. "Whatever." She says rolling her eyes. Emily goes to walk away but Sara speaks again. "Are you sleeping with my dad?" Emily stands there shocked for a minute. "Um. Your father and I are dating if that's what you are asking." She says watching the girl stare at her. "Don't even try to play mom. We have a mom. We don't want you." Sara says crossing her arms defensively. "I'm not trying to replace Haley, Sara. She's your mom but I love your father." Emily says doing the same thing. Crossing her arms defensively. "We don't need you and we don't want you. We only want our dad. Get out of my room." Emily walks out of her room and runs upstairs. Halfway up tears started to fill her eyes. When she finally is at the top Aaron is standing there. She tries to get past him but he stops her. "Emily..." she keeps trying to move but he is keeping her in the spot successfully. "Emily stop. What's wrong?" He asks wiping the tears falling. "She hates me already." He sighs and pulls her into a hug. He will have to talk to his daughter tonight.