Chapter 14

Chapter 14
It's been months since that night in the Hotchner home. Emily had left Hotch and moved back into her own apartment. The only thing that she took with her were clothes and shoes. Hotch tried to call her daily and sending her texts every morning and every night. She never responded once or talked to her once unless it was work related. She ramained professional at all times but as soon as they stepped out the BAU doors or the case ended she would not speak with him. He was starting to get impatient with her. They couldn't separate. She was now 5 months pregnant. Joint custody of a baby was the last thing he wanted. He wanted her, their baby, and him all under the same roof but Emily was making everything extremely difficult. They had just finished up up a very upsetting case. Babies were being taken from new mothers. Thankfully they had saved the last 2, but lost 4 of them. He knew it had taken a toll on Emily but he couldn't help if didn't talk to him. They were staying one more night at the hotel before going home. Hotch showers off and puts on pajamas before grabbing Emily's room key and walking to her room. Emily and JJ's room were in between all the guys room to ensure more safety. He slides the key in the door and opens it. He sees Emily sitting on the middle of the bed, hands on her stomach, and mascara as well as tears cascading down her pale face. "Oh baby." He toes off his shoes and climbs into bed next to her. Without objection she let's him hold her tightly. "That could have been me. Our baby." She cries hard into his chest. "Shh... it's okay. He's dead now Emily." She keeps crying but it slows down. She looks up at him and he bites his lip trying to refrain from kissing her. She nods her head and closes her eyes. That's all it took for him. He kissed her with so much passion. "I love you so much Emily Prentiss. So fucking much. I want to he spend the rest of my life with you and our baby." She nods into his chest. "Let's get you showered." He whispers. Hotch stands up pulling her to her feet. Slowly he discards her clothing and they walk to the shower. He slides off his clothes and climbs into the shower. For a few minutes they just stand there clinging to each other for dear life. He then pours some soap into his hand and massages her head. After rinsing it all out he finished washing her then helps her out of the tub. Toweling her off while she stares blankly at the wall. He dresses her into some pajamas and lays her in her bed. He was about to walk away when she grasped his hand tightly. It came out in a barley audible whisper. "Please don't leave me." He nodded and climbed into bed with her holding her body against his. They fall asleep like that clutching each other. When Emily wakes up and sees Hotch she jumps off the bed and quickly goes to the bathroom to change. Hotch wakes up and realizes Emily isn't in the bed he gets up when the bathroom door opens. She refuses to meet his eyes and immediately starts packing up. "Emily don't. Don't do this again." He walks towards her and she pulls away. "Emily!! Please!! Don't do this. I love you. Please come home! I want you home. I know you are angry because of how I handled things but seriously Emily. I can't keep living alone. The house is so empty and boring without you." He pleads succeeding in grabbing her hands. In the few months she stayed away, Haley had taken Hotch to court, and won full custody of both kids. He gets visitation with Jack twice a month. Emily looks up at him and tears fall from her eyes. She grabs her bag and he follows her out. She pulls him toward his room and he opens the door. They walk in and she drops her bag to the floor. He steps in front of her and she stares up at him. "Ask me again." He looks any her confused for any second then realizes what she is asking. He pulls the velvet box out of his go bag and gets on his knee grabbing her hands. "Emily Prentiss, will you please do me the honor of being my wife?" She nods her head. He slides the ring on her finger and hugs her tightly. "I'm coming home." She whispers in his ear.