Chapter 13

Chapter 13
"Emily I'm speaking to you." He says as calm as possible following her to the desk. She keeps writing on a new file that she started the minute she sat down. "Prentiss listen to me!!" He says deeply and stern using the 'unit chief' voice. She throws her hands down and stands up glaring at him. "Obviously I want to be left alone. I don't want to talk right now." She snaps. "I'm fucking pissed at you and I need time to be alone. Your daughter hates me Hotch!! She hates me!! You shoved me back today!! I can't do this Aaron!! I'm done!" She screams. Her voice cracked and tears rushing from her eyes. She whispers "You were so angry you just snapped and pushed me. This is over, Aaron." Wiping her face violently before running into the bathroom. He stares at the bathroom door for a few minutes and sticks his hand in his pocket feeling the thing that's been in there for a week. He pulls out the velvet box and sets it on her desk. He grabs a notepad and writes "I really love you Emily. I'm sorry. Come home soon, please?" He puts the box on top of it. He leaves and once she comes to her desk and sees the beautiful huge diamond ring sitting on top of a note. She shoves it into her desk drawer and keeps working till midnight before crashing in JJ's office. The next morning she wakes up at 5 to clean up before everyone else gets there. She has finished every file on her desk and has already started on Morgan's pile by the time JJ gets there. "Woah you're early Emily." She says stopping by her desk. "Long night. Came here. Crashed in your office I hope you don't mind." Emily says stretching her back and JJ laughs shaking her head. "No I don't mind. I see you finished your files. Come up to my office later if you want to talk." Emily nods going back to the files. After 4 she grabs 4 of Reid's to even it out. She finishes one when Morgan, Garcia, and Reid all walk into the bullpen laughing. She looked up and everyone exchanged some "good mornings" and they all get to working on their files. She finally finishes all 4 files and grabs the rings walking up to his empty office. She opens the door plops it on his desk with a note. "Finished all paperwork. Leaving. Don't call me unless we have a case." She grabs all of her things and leaves before he gets there. Emily did not want to see Hotch at all. She just couldn't do it.