Chapter 30

Chapter 30
One year later
Sarah stood nose to nose with Emily in the middle of the campsite. "I don't care if you don't want to. You're going to listen to me!!" Emily yells getting extremely pissed off. "This is MY annual camping trip!! Dad doesn't make me do anything I don't want to!!" Sarah yells back crossing her arms. All Emily had asked her to do was take Brooklyn to the park so she could get lunch cooked but Sarah wanted to the beach with her friends. "Sarah Hotchner! I need to get lunch done!!" Emily says deadly calm with angered Sarah. "You aren't my mom! You can't tell me what to do... you... bitch!!" Sarah yelled and Emily took a step back. Her face fell and Sarah realized what she said. "Go... just go.." She hoists Brooke onto her hip and walks away. Sarah didn't know what to say so she quickly grabbed her towel and made herself scarce. "Meme!!" Screaches Brooklyn and Emily laughs. She couldn't say mom. Every time it came out "Meme." Emily gave her and a cheeto to munch on while she one handedly cooked stakes on the grill. Aaron should be back soon but everyone was hungry so Emily cooked herself. "Meme!" Brooke cried trying to wriggle out of heher a grasp. "Brooke please" Emily groaning holding tight to the wiggling baby and flipped flipped the meat. "DADDA" She screamed and succeeded at getting down. She toddler over to Hotch who just parked the truck in the grass and was walking over carrying a bundle of wood. "Hi my princess." He sets down the bundle and picks her up throwing her in the air. Emily doesn't talk and keeps cooking. "Hello my love." He wraps an arm around her waist but she pulls away and turns away. Hotch sighs and one handedly sets up the table. Brooklyn says something but he doesn't catch it the first time. He listens and he figured out she's saying "bitch." He has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing. "Brooke no no. Don't say that." He sets her in the play pen and helps cook lunch while Emily continues to ignore them. That angers him. He could be mad at him all she wants but she will not ignore their baby. Soon Jack comes back from a bike ride and Sarah comes back from the beach. They all sit down at the table and Emily feeds Brooklyn her baby food. It was obvious her mind was somewhere else. Sarah didn't speak and Jack could feel the tension so they all ate in silence. "Swimming wore me out. I'm going to my tent." Sarah tossed her plate into the washing bucket and got in her tent. "She told me I wasn't her mom and called me a bitch." Emily whispered. She knew that she shouldn't be taking it hard but she was. Hotch pulled her off the table and hugged her. "Let's put Brooke in her car seat because she's sleeping. Us go in the water and she can lay in her in the sand." Emily nodded since she has been in her swim suit all day. Together they walked to the water and jumped in together. Once they came up he pulled her into a searing kiss. Every family got into fights but they always will get through them.