Chapter 5

Emily comes back downstairs wearing shorts and a sports bra. Grabbing a water bottle she walks into the living room and climbs into his lap. She tucks her hand in the crook of his neck and drapes her legs over the arm rest. His arms wrap around her and he flicks off the TV. "Hey babe..." He whispers and she looks up at him. "Have you ever thought about having another kid someday?" She asks leaning back so she can keep her eyes on him. He let's out a laugh and shakes his head. "I haven't thought about it but honestly, I don't think I can handle another one." He says kissing her nose. Her face falls and she gets up off his lap. "Emily?" But she doesn't turn to him. She keeps walking towards the stairs. "Emily! Babe!! Where are you going?" He gets off and slowly follows her. "To bed. Maybe I'll stop over tomorrow night. Goodnight, Aaron." She walks up the rest of the stairs and to her bedroom. He stairs at where she was just standing on the stairs. Grabbing his keys he walks out of the apartment with a sigh. She slams her bedroom door shut and climbs onto her bed shoving her face into the pillow. "God damn it!!!" She screams tears streaming running down her face. She wipes the tears away furiously. "I can't believe I let this happen." Crying harder she hears the front door open. Scrambling off the bed she quickly locks her bedroom door. Emily walks into her bathroom to fix her makeup. While dabbing on her eyes she hears Aaron yell "Emily Elizabeth Prentiss open your god damn bedroom door." Rolling her eyes she comes out and opens her bedroom door. "I said I was going to bed, Aaron. Leave me alone." He lifts up a bag with ice cream, chocolate and candy. Tears start streaming down her face again. Dropping the bag on the ground he hugs her again. "Shhh... baby... shhh.... don't cry beautiful." Wiping her eyes she pulls away and gets back into her bed once again, shoving her face into her pillow. He sits on the edge of her bed rubbing her back. "Em... sweetheart... can you tell me what's wrong?" He asks quietly but loud enough for her to hear over her crying. "Your kids hate me. Our relationship is falling apart. You don't want more kids. I'm an idiot and such a bad girlfriend." She sobs into the pillow. "Wait... Emily is this because I said I didn't want anymore kids?" Her sob was the answer. Yes. He pulls her up and cups her face. "That doesn't mean I don't love you. Oh god Emily I love you so much. More than anything." He kisses the tears away then kisses her lips. "I-I-I'm" she can't even get the words out. "You're what?" He asks still cupping her face in his hands. "I'm pregnant." His hands fall from her face and more tears fall. "Aaron?" She asks looking up at his shocked expression. He doesn't respond but just stares at her in disbelief. "Aaron say something!!!" She yells tears falling harder than before. "Is it mine?" Was the only sentence he could form. She jumps off the bed pushing past him and runs to the bathroom. She dives to the toilet just in time to vomit up everything she had consumed that day. She holds back her own hair while he stands in the doorway still in a state of shock. She stops and wipes her mouth. After washing out her mouth she turns to him eyes focused on the ground. "Get out of my house." She whispers and he steps closer. She didn't even think about what she did when her arm raised slapping him across the face. "Emily stop!" He yells and she shoots him a glare. "Do you really think I'd sleep around Aaron!? Of course it's yours!!!!" She takes a deep breath before continuing. "I asked you to leave my house." Reluctantly he walks from the bathroom door and does what he asks. To leave her house. She crawls into bed, and before she could even get comfortable her phone rings. She snatches it off the table and answers it without looking at the caller ID. "Aaron I want to be left alone!" Emily yells into the phone. "Emily calm down. Its me, JJ. We have a case." JJ says calmly wondering what could have happened to make her best friend answer the phone the way she did. "I'll be in soon." Emily responds cooly. Hanging up the phone she gets ready to go to work. Checking the clock it was 7:30 so when they get to where they are going they will head straight to the hotel and get right to work in the morning. Grabbing her go-bag, badge and guns she goes out the door. She is walking in the front door as Hotch is walking into the elevator. Of course, being the gentlemen he is, he holds the door for her. "Can we talk tonight?" He asks and she ignores his question. Once the doors open she is the first out and goes straight to her desk ignoring the 'good morning's from Morgan and Reid. They all gather in the conference room but before JJ could start Hotch stood up clearing his throat.