Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Hotch stops his car outside of the house and runs inside. He sees Foyet immediately and shoots him right in the back of the head. He falls forward and lands on Emily. She quickly pushes his body off, sobs shaking her whole body. Hotch quickly runs to Haley checking her pulse. When he doesn't find one he grabs Emily and pulls her into a hug. She clings to him tears streaming down her face wetting his shirt. "It's over." Minutes layer cops storm the place and Haley's body was taken away. Emily never left her spot on the couch. She was covered in blood but she was too stunned to move. "Emily... baby.. please go upstairs and shower off.." Aaron says still kneeled in front of her. Without a word she gets off the couch and goes right upstairs. Sarah comes into the living room. He sees his daughter for the first time since he got home. Her eyes were red and puffy. He stands up and she runs over hugging him. She starts crying again and Hotch pulls her tighter. "I'm so sorry Sarah... I'm so sorry.." tears are now streaming down Hotch's face while he tries to hold up his sobbing 15 year old daughter. They stand there hugging for a few minutes before Jack walks in. When they see him they each open one arm. He runs over and they all hug together. "She loved you kids dearly. You'll never forget that. You guys were her whole world." Slowly they all broke apart. "Do we have to stay here tonight?" Sarah asks staring out the window not wanting to see where her mother was killed. "I had Garcia book us 2 joined hotel rooms." He says looking down at his 2 kids. Just then Emily walked downstairs holding Brooklyn. He could tell she was there physical mentally she wasn't. He walked over taking the baby from her arms. "JJ will be on her way to take you guys to the hotel. I'll be there later.... Haley's husband will be there to take their son." He says looking at his family. With that he walks upstairs to pack everyone some clothes for the next few days while he looks for a house. They couldn't live there. Plus they needed a bigger one for the baby. Emily and the kids all walk outside and are met with a sad looking JJ. They all had heard the conversation between the Reaper, Haley, Emily and Hotch. It was heartbreaking. But right now Emily, and the team needed to be strong for the kids. They couldn't lose it in front of them....