Chapter 19

Chapter 19
For the rest of the day Emily avoided Hotch by staying in the nursery. He came in to help with Brooklyn a few times and every time she got up to go to the bathroom and fix herself up. The one time he tried to kiss her she faked coughing which in turn scared the baby so she started screaming. Night came and they were now both in their bedroom. Emily sat on the bed nursing Brooke while Hotch brushed his teeth and changed into some sleepwear. "I wish I could take some night shifts for you." He says climbing into the bed next to her. "Don't make her sound like she's work that nobody wants to do, Aaron." Emily snaps lifting Brooke to burp her on her shoulder. "Come on baby burp for mommy." Emily coos growing slightly impatient. "Here, like this." Hotch explains while he takes his youngest baby. He has one hand on her chest holding up her head so she's in a sitting position while the other hand pats her back till she let's out a large burp for a tiny body. "Oh good job Brooklyn!" Emily exclaims picking her up and showering her with kisses. Of course the baby was already asleep again so she laid her down in the bassinet next to their bed. She laid down in hopes of resting before the baby woke up and demanded attention again but Hotch had other plans. "Haley was just trying to help you today, Em." He states looking down at his fiancé. She's astonished to hear him defending Haley but didn't defend her earlier. "Are you seriously taking her side?!" Emily asks sitting up in bed moving to the edge. "You were to hard on her! All she wanted to so was help you!" He says trying to explain. "She could have told me what to do instead of taking her from me! Why are you defending her but didn't defend me when she said all those awful things about me?" She asks before taking a breath to continue. "I love you so god damn much Aaron. I loved that Haley wanted to help but she went about it wrong then insulting me like that in my own home was not okay. But what made it worse was you didn't defend me. If I'm going to be your wife I need you on my side." Before he had the chance to speak she shut off the bedside lamp, kissed him on the lips, and laid down in hope of getting some sleep before Brooke woke her up to eat or a diaper change. She was only asleep for 3 hours before the newborn let the world know she needed a diaper change. Emily awoke and tried to wipe her eyes clear of any blurs but by the time she stood Hotch had their baby in his arms carrying her over to the changing table. "Think she's hunrgy? She didn't eat much when I fed her before bed." Emily asks walking up behind him while he quickly changes the screaming babies diaper. "I think so." Hotch says handing Brooke over to the first time mother. Emily, with one free hand pulled her shirt off and sat in the rocking chair in the corner. Hotch tiredly sat at the end of the bed watching Emily nurse their beautiful baby girl. The daughter they made together and would raise together. As much as Hotch would love Jack and Sarah to spend as much time as possible with their new baby sister, things didn't work in his favor......