Chapter 32 - "This will be fun, Angry Biker Girl."

Courtney felt a sense of deja vu when she left her classroom following the swarm of students and she spotted Max. Max had the same I'm-waiting-for-you-but-not-really-waiting-for-you-and-trying-to-seem-like-I'm-not-waiting-for-you vibe as the previous day. Which was a vibe Courtney rarely found could be repeated with such accuracy.

Oh, please don't tell me I'm living the same day over and over. Yesterday was a fine enough day but not one I'd like to relive.

The girls' night at Lynn's after freshman homecoming, the hide and seek game with Miguel when they were little kids where they weren't found for hours and scared the bejeezus out of their parents. Those were days she'd want to relive.

The shopping trip with Micah. That would be a nice one as well. Though maybe not for him since he saw Max with Blake. Though technically he wouldn't know he was seeing it over and over again so maybe that would make it better... Or worse?

"Uh... Hey," Max said.

Oh good, not reliving the same day over and over. That's a relief.

"What's up, Angry Biker Girl?" Courtney said.

"I wanted to- Wait, what did you call me?"

"Angry Biker Girl. You know your official title in my head. I'm guessing you had one for me as well. Pompous Princess. Stuck-up Cheerleader. Brainless blonde."

Oh, an embarrassed flushed. That's new.

"Let me guess," Courtney said. "You weren't actually that creative, were you?"

Ah, and the flush deepens. Why can't anyone give me creative insulting titles? Bitch is so basic and overused. And an endearment to some, so that doesn't make sense and complicates it. Is it an insult or not, gosh why can't it be clear? Maybe it depends on the tone.

"No worries," Courtney said. "You can use one I suggested or come up with a new one yourself. Now, what's up?"

Max folded her arms and shifted her weight. Ohhh this should be interesting. I tingle with anticipation.

"Were you serious? About what you offered yesterday. You know, with the whole coaching...thing?"

"Yeah. Do you want to come over after school today and we can start?"

Max stared at Courtney and Courtney smiled back. I know, it's hard to believe I'm this cute in pink but believe it, sister! A blonde in pink is classic.

"Just like that?" Max asked. "You really can put everything aside like that?"

"Yeah, again life is too short to hold grudges," Courtney said. "Besides, grudges mean you're focusing your thoughts, energy, and attention on a person who shouldn't mean anything to you. Do you plan to hold a grudge against Brie even though the chances of running into each other again are slim?"

Ah, by your surprised expression and renewed red cheeks, I'll take that as a yes.

"You are free to do that but wouldn't it be better to focus on you and something you want to do for yourself? Just a thought."

Max nodded and unfolded her arms. "So...today? After school?"

"Yup. You can follow me home."

Nodding again, Max turned and headed off.

"This will be fun, Angry Biker Girl," Courtney called out.

Max twisted around. "You never called me that before when I was being mean, why now?"

"Because it can be used as a term of friendship instead of antagonism. Progress."

Ha! I see you fighting to smile. I know, I know, I win over the haters eventually. Or don't and let them be. Haters gonna hate. Ain't nothing I can do to stop that.