The One with the Blueberry Muffin (Part 2)

Lisa's POV

"Irene??"

She finally switched her gaze from the book she's reading to me. She's smiling at me while giggling and I swear I felt something funny in my stomach. Are those worms in my stomach that my mom has been telling me whenever she found out about me eating street food? Maybe they're big now because I can finally feel them in my tummy. Shit.

"What happened to you?!"

"Did you really just eat salted crackers alone during break?"

Irene: And carrots.

She said while chuckling. And I don't know what has gotten into me that I immediately grabbed my bag from the back of my seat and started pulling out the chocolates I got for her.

"Here. Eat this!" I said as I handed one of the chocolates piled on my table.

Irene: What are you doing? You're silly.

She just keeps on chuckling while I'm really worried about her health right now. She lost a lot of weight in just almost 2 months and even though I am definitely not one of those health freaks, I know it's not healthy to be this skinny in such a short time.

"Oh! Chocolates!" I heard Jackson yell and the damn hyenas started huddling on my table as they each got chocolates on my table and fed themselves. I didn't notice these hyenas are also here in the same class. I'm talking about my other friends, Jisoo, Seulgi, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Moonbyul.

"Yah! Those are for Ir—----" I was cut off by a hand on my arm. It was Irene still smiling even after the hyenas stole my gifts for her.

Irene: It's okay. I'm not hungry, Lisa.

"Are you sure? I feel like you've been starving for months."

She just chuckled again and I must say that sound is starting to grow on me.

{2 years later}

Irene and I became closer together and she also has more friends now. I am really happy she is more confident now and though she's still a bit shy, she's not scared of making friends or talking to anyone unlike before.

We've been teased a lot by my friends but nothing changed between us except being closer together.

Next week we will be having a short break for the Chuseok holiday but before that, our school will celebrate Chuseok for today. Each class will have 2 representatives that will dress themselves with traditional Korean dress called Hanbok.

For our class, my friend Jackson was chosen for the male representative and for the female representative, it was originally my friend Jisoo but she's still absent since yesterday because of indigestion. She and Seulgi went to an unlimited chicken wings restaurant 2 days ago and by the looks of it, she ate too much chicken causing her indigestion.

So, our teacher had no choice but to replace Jisoo at the last minute and to my dismay, she picked Irene as our class' female representative. I mean don't get me wrong, I am proud that Irene was chosen to represent our class. I'm just worried that some students might finally discover her beauty and start courting her.

"What if she doesn't have time for me if she starts going out with someone?" I thought to myself again. That thought has been occupying my mind since she got thinner.

"Jackson! I told you to stop eating because it might stain your Hanbok." The teacher said as Jackson took a bite of the hotdog sandwich on his hand. Jackson couldn't eat his favorite snack without drenching it with ketchup and mustard. Lucky for him, he was able to finish his food right away before our teacher reached our spot, earning Jackson a smack on his head.