The One with the Pilot

Author's note: There are some parts here that contain Korean sentences. I don't speak Korean so if those sentences or words are incorrect, I apologize for the errors. Also, sorry for the grammatical mistakes. Enjoy reading!

My second full-length story, called "Children of Psyche" is now available for reading. Sorry for this shameless plug. Now back to the story.

Narrator's POV

During the Korean war in the 1950s, there was a female pilot named Lisa M. Brüschweiler. She was sent by the US Army to help the South win over the North. The real reason why someone like Lisa was sent to Korea was that she wasn't a full-blooded American.

Her Thai blood was the reason her selfish and cold-blooded officers sent her to the war. Though the US government vowed to send some aid to South Korea, they're not willing to send their best full-blooded American soldiers to die in someone else's war.

So that resulted in Lisa flying with her Lockheed XP-49 aircraft in a foreign land a million miles away from home.

Lisa was exceptionally good. She was the best of her class and even though she was being treated unfairly just because she's a woman, most men in her batch have no fight against her skills and intelligence.

Some even say she was the best female pilot in the US and known to be the next Amelia Earhart.

But just like Amelia Earhart, her body and her plane were never found.

{Present day}

One dawn a fisherman named Seunghoon was out to check on his catch. There was a storm the night before so he wasn't confident that he made a lot of catches but he was still hopeful that he would see fish on his net that he can sell at the marketplace.

The fisherman reached the area where he left his net and started harvesting his catch. Once he finished getting all the fish, he was about to start his boat again when his attention suddenly went to the small inhabitable island near his spot. He squinted his eyes and rubbed it when he noticed a human figure on the shoreline.

Even though he is not sure whether that was indeed a human, his curiosity got the best of him, and started the engine of his boat and sailed towards the small island. His heart started beating so fast when he finally realized that it was indeed a human.

He immediately jumped out of his boat when he felt his boat hit the shallow part of the island. He flipped the body to see and he was surprised to see a woman in a uniform. Even though he was so scared and convinced that the woman was dead, he instinctively still checked the woman for vital signs.

To his surprise, the woman still had a pulse. He hurriedly resuscitated the woman and once the woman started coughing out water from her lungs, he immediately brought her to the nearest hospital.

Irene's POV

{Daegu Hospital}

"Today's a good day indeed." I uttered to myself as I stared at the window from a patient's room.

Yesterday there was a strong storm that lasted all night. Good thing the weather is nice today. I am currently on my way to the nurse's locker area to get ready to go home after working for almost 15 hours here in the hospital when Seohyun, who is also a nurse, called me for help.

Apparently, there was a woman at the emergency room who was brought in by a fisherman several hours ago. According to what I heard from my fellow nurses, a fisherman was out on his boat at dawn to check his catch and that's when the fisherman saw the said woman.