The One with all the What Ifs (Part 1)

Remember the 2nd & 3rd chapter of this book, "The One with the Blueberry Muffin"? WHAT IF there's a part 3? WHAT IF this is the continuation of that story? WHAT IF Lisa's greatest WHAT IF came back? WHAT IF an ENDing needs to happen so that two people can START again?

Just WHAT IF?

Author's note: If you want to read "The One with the Blueberry Muffin" again before reading this one, go ahead. Anyway, I'm sorry for the grammatical mistakes and please vote for this story. Thank you!

Lisa's POV

The electricity post in front of my apartment building was struck by lightning last night and unfortunately, the generator in our building is not working. If the lightning didn't strike that electricity post, we wouldn't know that our generator hasn't been working for almost a year now.

So that ended up me working in some coffee shop a few kilometers away from where I live with my laptop with me. I already had enough complaining to the landlord so I'll just let the other tenants handle the complaining.

I really can't wait to finally leave this place and start a new life somewhere far away from here. Seoul is quite a dream for some, but for me, it's like my version of the US-Mexico border. I'm just trying to get across it and will never look back again.

I lost count on how many coffees I ordered. All I'm aware of is that I'm still trying to finish these illustration designs for a book that I've been working on for almost 2 weeks now. My boss has been passing all the clients and projects that he could throw at me before I leave the company.

I already submitted my resignation letter a week ago and I'm just trying to finish my last 23 days of service. There was actually a company that I applied to in New York and I'm just waiting for their final decision.

That company is actually one of our clients. I worked with them in the past and they absolutely loved all the book cover designs and illustrations I made for them. When they found out that I was quitting my job, they reached out to me and asked me if I'm interested in working with them directly at their office in New York.

Of course, I said yes. I remember that day when I had a call with them. I tried not to sound desperate even though I am pretty desperate. It's my chance to finally leave this place I once called home.

I know I lived half of my life here but it didn't feel like home anymore. My parents moved back to Thailand after I graduated from college and some of my friends are scattered somewhere far away from here, mostly in the US.

The only friends who are left here with me are my high school buddies, Jisoo and Seulgi. They've been together for a decade now but still haven't married each other. They both shared this idea that two people don't need to be wed to show their love for each other.

As long as two people love each other, are content with each other, and are happy with each other, that's what's important. Which I actually can agree to. They're the only people besides my parents who make me believe that true love exists.

I was in the middle of illustrating a character for this certain page of the book when I noticed a young girl crying outside. I am sitting by the coffee shop window so I immediately noticed her. I looked around by the window to see if someone would approach the young girl but to my dismay, no one did.

I asked the college student who was sitting at the next table if she could watch my things for me before I went out to approach the young girl. I asked her where her parents or guardians were but she just kept on crying. I invited her inside if she wanted something to eat or drink before we went off to find her guardians and luckily she agreed by nodding her head.