The One with the Book Author (Part 1)

Author's note: If you noticed some grammatical mistakes, my apologies.

Lisa's POV

There's this one famous quote that I really like. Many had claimed and quoted it but the people didn't seem to care who really was the first person who said it. However, whoever said it first, I think we can all agree on one thing, it's one beautiful quote.

It goes like this:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

Maybe you've heard of it before from someone, from a movie or maybe this is your first time hearing it. But when was the last time you had a moment where you feel like you've been really blown away and you'll know for sure that that moment will forever be stuck in your head?

For me, it doesn't happen frequently. I think if I'm counting all of them, it will not surpass the number of fingers I have on one of my hands. Even if I came from a long-term relationship, no memories seem to come to mind.

Not until I met her.

Every moment that I spend with her feels like I'm always out of breath, especially whenever she will give me her ethereal smile, whenever she will match my gaze, and whenever she would kiss me like it's our first time kissing.

Those moments with her that always take my breath away.

{Flashback}

I was supposed to fetch my best friend Rosé and her girlfriend Jisoo at the airport but their flight was canceled and rescheduled for tomorrow. They're supposed to be coming from Georgia but the weather suddenly became bad there.

Which is why I am now drinking in our usual bar. We always drink here every Friday night but whenever those 2 couldn't make it, I just came here alone and talked to the bartender who I consider as a friend too.

"You know Lis, there are two kinds of people after a breakup." My bartender friend said.

I just stared at her and let her continue.

Seulgi: The one who decided to find someone else in order to get over their ex and the other one who decided to choose to be single and deal with the pain on their own.

Seulgi: It might take you months and even years to finally overcome the pain but be glad that you're the second one. The one trying to heal and move on on their own so that in their next relationship, they can love their future partner better.

The first time I discovered this bar was the day my fiancé broke up with me.

My ex-fiancé and I met in College and we've been together since then. We were together for 6 years and I proposed to her during our 6th anniversary. We were supposed to get married a year after I proposed.

Which is about a year ago.

But 2 weeks before our wedding, she called off the wedding and broke up with me, telling me that I am not the right one for her.

I thought she was just having cold feet but I later found out that after just a month of her calling off the wedding, she's already seeing someone else. Someone from work. A man who I never thought would be a threat since that man was also in a serious relationship.

It's been almost a year now and I still think about what went wrong with our relationship. Why would she throw away our 6-year relationship just like that?