The One with the Front Desk Lady (Part 1)

Author's note: I just want to give you guys a heads up because I used a reference of the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S here and if you haven't watched it yet and you're planning to watch it, this chapter contains spoiler scenes. So read at your own risk. I will put 3 asterisks *** before and after that part of the spoiler in case you want to avoid reading that part. Also, this story was inspired by a movie which was released more than a decade ago. My apology for the grammatical mistakes. Thank you!

Lisa's POV

Ever since my ex-girlfriend broke up with me, I haven't left my house since then. My dad visits me every 2 weeks to bring me some home cooked food that my mom prepared and he also brings some groceries to fill up my pantry.

My dad kept it a secret from my mom because we both didn't want her to worry about me. My mom is also overprotective about me that we didn't want her to make a scene and go to my ex-girlfriend's place and pull her hair out until she gets bald if she found out that my ex-girlfriend cheated on me.

All my mom knows that I'm still dating that bitch which is why my mom hasn't visited me at my place so she can avoid seeing my girlfriend or my ex-girlfriend now. I guess I should have listened to her when she told me she wasn't sure about me dating that bitch.

It's been two months now and I'm still moping around in my house trying to figure out why she cheated on me. People say I'm good looking, have a good sense of humor, smart, kind and have a good paying job, yet I still got cheated on.

It's around 3 in the afternoon when I woke up and I am currently eating some cereal while rewatching or I must say, binge watching again F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for the fourth time.

***

There are times when I imagine myself in a relationship like Rachel and Ross where no matter how many times they fucked up in their relationship, they still somehow get back together. They are each other's lobsters just like what Phoebe said which means they meant to be together no matter what the circumstances are.

I mean if you think about it, their relationship is kinda like a toxic one but the love they have for each other is what pulls them back together. Then there's Monica and Chandler's relationship. Two friends who fell in love with each other and despite the challenges they encountered, they became stronger and loved each other more. They even accepted each other's flaws.

I thought I could have Monica and Chandler's relationship when I still have my ex-girlfriend in my life or even Phoebe and Mike's relationship. Now, I don't even feel like I'm Joey. Maybe I am Mister Heckles all along who died alone in his apartment.

***

I am in the middle of finishing this one episode of season 5 when I heard my asshole friends knocking on my door again. Ever since they found out that my ex-girlfriend cheated on me, they've been barging into my house uninvited. They always kidnap me so they can forcibly bring me to a club against my will.

I even put a double lock on my door last week because somehow, they have managed to have a duplicate key of my house which until now I do not know how they got a copy. They are very sly.

I know my friends are just being the best friends that they are but I really wanted to be alone. I wanted to feel the pain when I'm sober because I am using that pain and anger I'm feeling to finally move on from her.

"DELIVERY FOR MISS MANOBAN."

I heard one of my friends say using a different voice so they can fool me to open the door. I just ignored it and continued watching. I know they're just fooling me so I would open the door for them.