The One with the Doorman

Narrator's POV

Lisa's father has been working for one of the most luxurious apartment buildings in Seoul since he was in his teenage years. At first, he only did some maintenance stuff like cleaning, fixing things and providing some assistance to the tenants until he got promoted as the Doorman of the Royal Gangnam Palace.

As time went by, he became old and weak. He's afraid he couldn't provide service anymore to the apartment building. However, his only daughter Lisa, volunteered to take his place. Even though Lisa's father was against the idea of Lisa being a doorman because the doorman's job can be dangerous too, especially if she encounters a thief or dangerous people who want to enter the luxurious building.

Lisa's father knows his daughter is one of the best martial arts instructors in the city but still, being the only child he has, he couldn't stop himself from being protective over Lisa. But at the same time, he doesn't want her to stay being a martial arts instructor because the pay there is very little yet very tiring.

Whenever he got off from work and arrived at their home, he would see his daughter dead tired on the couch and it always breaks his heart. Lisa didn't have the chance to finish high school because of financial problems, especially when her mother got sick.

Even though Lisa's father is earning good at his job, it wasn't enough for the medication of his wife and Lisa's studies. That ended up with Lisa dropping from school and just teached Thai boxing and other martial arts to kids to help his father earn money.

So that resulted in Lisa's father finally agreeing with Lisa to take over his job as a doorman. The owner of the building is actually fond of Lisa's father so when they found out that the latter is nearly retiring from work due to his condition, it made them very sad. They never trusted an employee that much except for Lisa's father.

When Lisa came by the building to talk with the owners if she could replace her father, the owner didn't even hesitate a little and accepted her right away. They knew Lisa not just because of her father but because Lisa is the instructor of their child.

Even though Lisa is a woman, working for a man's job, they never doubt the latter's capability. The owners knew that their building is safe and secured with Lisa just like how her father took care of the building and the tenants.

Lisa's POV

(CTTO)

It's my first day today as the doorman at Royal Gangnam Palace. I was excited and sad at same time because I might never see my students again. I enjoyed teaching those kids but at the same time, I needed to earn money for my family too since the instructor's job there only earns 50% while the rest goes to the management.

It was almost 2 in the morning when a limousine arrived at the building's entrance. I opened the door and to my surprise, it was a gorgeous woman wearing a cocktail dress. She seemed drunk and surprised to see me.