The One with the Funeral Flower (Part 1)

{Present time}

Lisa's POV

"I HAD ENOUGH. I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU."

That's the last words she messaged me yesterday. She didn't even want to see me and just broke up with me through text. I came to her place right after I read her message but she refused to see me. If only the meeting I had attended was not an important one, then I might have read her text early or better yet I should have been the one who gave her the flowers personally.

Now she's gone. She doesn't want to hear my explanation and doesn't even want to see me anymore. Our 7 years relationship has now come to an end and it's all because of that stupid flower shop.

{Flashback to the day BEFORE}

I am on my way to my next meeting and I wonder why my girlfriend has been acting cold to me since this morning. I didn't forget to kiss her this morning before I went to work yet she still ignored me. I was a bit disappointed when she didn't kiss me back.

"Hey boss, you look like you didn't get laid last night." My assistant Ten said.

"How many times do I have to tell you that when we're in the office, we should only talk about work, not other stuff. Especially about my personal life." I said to him.

Ten: Boss, I'm just saying because you look quite gloomy today.

I heaved a sigh before answering him.

"I'm good.."

"I think she's just having her period today." I said in a hushed tone.

Ten: What was that boss?

"Nothing."

Ten: Okay? Anyway, boss..

"Hmmm?"

Ten: Where are you taking your girlfriend tonight?

What is he talking about?

"What do you mean?"

Ten: Isn't today your anniversary boss?

"WHAT?! Is today the 23rd?" I asked as I panicked.

Ten: Yes boss. I will never forget because you always asked me to send her flowers every year. Well, except this year since you decided to do it by yourself.

Fuck! He's right. I remember now. I told him 2 weeks ago that I will be the one who will send my girlfriend the flowers because when she found out that it was my assistant Ten who's been sending her the flowers all those years, we had a big fight.

She even sarcastically said to me that she didn't know that she was in a relationship with my assistant all along because Ten was the one who always sends her the flowers that I asked him to and the one who books for our dinner reservation.

That's why she's been cold to me this morning. I thought it was her time of the month. Shit. I also forgot to record her monthly menstrual cycle. I don't want to repeat what happened last month when we went out shopping and her mood was all over the place while I continued to be an insensitive sarcastic idiot.

"Ten, you go ahead and tell Mr. Park that I just have to make a call. I'll see him in a bit, okay?" I hurriedly went to the nearest fire exit to find a quiet and private area as my assistant will go to the meeting room first.