The One with the Front Desk Lady (Part 3)

Irene's POV

"Have you seen Lisa?" I asked Tzuyu who is currently on duty at the front desk.

Tzuyu: Not yet. Today is her flight right?

"Nae."

Tzuyu: Wait, let me check if she has already checked out.

Earlier, I woke up in panic when I felt Lisa wasn't beside me anymore. I immediately checked around the house if she was there but there was no sign of her. I checked the clock on my nightstand and there are still a couple of hours before her flight.

I checked my phone to see if she had sent me a message but there's none. I only saw Moonbyul's text and a missed call. So I called back Moonbyul to ask if Lisa had contacted her, she told me they haven't heard from Lisa since yesterday.

By hearing Moonbyul's voice, I can tell she was even more confused than I was. She thought I am currently with Lisa since I informed her that I will be the one who will drive her to the airport.

I wonder why she left my house without informing me. Even if she hasn't packed her things yet, she can still stay a little longer and still won't be late to her flight. If there was an emergency, I wish she could have at least left me a note or sent me a message to my phone.

Tzuyu: Irene, she already checked out around 6.

That early? Her flight is at 11 and it's just 9 in the morning. I went around and asked all my friends who are working at the hotel if they have seen Lisa but to my dismay, they haven't.

There's still an hour left before Lisa's flight, so I drove to the airport, hoping to see her. Being an employee in one of Jeju's famous hotels has its perks at the airport.

I pretended to be on duty even if I was just wearing casual clothes and headed towards our hotel's booth inside the airport.

I waited until I heard the final call for passengers and there was no sign of Lisa. Not long after, my phone rang and it was Moonbyul. I immediately picked up my phone and answered her call.

Moonbyul: Irene..

"What happened? Is she there in Seoul already? Is she with you?" I asked and tried not to sound impatient but I couldn't helped it. I am just really worried about Lisa.

Moonbyul: It seems like she booked an early flight. According to our flight attendant friend, she saw Lisa at Gimpo airport earlier this morning.

"Why did she do that? She didn't even say goodbye. She just disappeared, Moonbyul."

Moonbyul: She knows, Irene.

"She knows what?"

Moonbyul: She knows that we know each other. She thinks it was all a set up, Irene.

Did I just lose my chance again with her?

{Flashback - A year before}

I flew to Taiwan by myself to attend my childhood friend's wedding. Solar and I were neighbors in Jeju not until her family decided to move to Seoul because of her father's job. Despite the distance, we still remained friends and continued to communicate with each other.

I was surprised when I found out that she was engaged. I didn't even know that the woman she's seeing is serious about her. She mentioned to me that her girlfriend is not the serious type of person that she thought her girlfriend would never settle down with her.