𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

"𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙡𝙚"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩 ♪

WHEN BLUE FIRST MET JJ MAYBANK, she was convinced he was an angel

Anyone who knew the boy would laugh at that, wondering how someone could see the wicked-tongued, rebellious, mild-kleptomaniac stoner as anything close to angelic. They only saw a derelict from the Cut, a teenager who had been to detention and the sheriff's station far too many times to count, the son of a man who moved weight and aided drug smugglers in order to bring in money.

But when Blue was seven years old, she saw him.

It was a rainy dare on Kildare when John B had brought JJ to the Chateau for the first time. Blue had been making something in the kitchen with her father, completely unaware that her brother had come home or that he had company. It wasn't until John B's voice called out that she stopped helping her dad with lunch and walked out into the living room.

And the second she faced the front door, her life had taken a turn for the better.

There, standing in the doorway with a sly smile and shaggy blond hair, was her angel. His shirt was too big for a third grader and his shoes had holes in them. His knees were scraped and he had a bruise on his cheek that, at the time, she had no idea where it came from. But despite his raggedy appearance, she thought he was beautiful.

Before that moment, Blue hated boys. She didn't want anything to do with their grossness and cooties and disgusting nature. They didn't interest her at all. No, up until that point, her only concerns were catching butterflies and planning to save the world from global warming with her best friend, Kiara. But seeing JJ Maybank in her doorway flipped some kind of switch inside her brain and suddenly boys weren't so bad anymore.