𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

"𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙛𝙖𝙧"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙨𝙝𝙚 - 𝙙𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙚 ♪

JJ MAYBANK DID NOT HAVE A LOT OF GOOD IN HIS LIFE

Sure, he had some good things, but he often wondered if the good was enough to outweigh the bad. Could anything really overpower the rotten genes he had been given? Could anything stop him from fulfilling his bleakly destined future? Most of the time, he highly doubted it. Failure and disappointment were carved into his bones, an inescapable path that he just kept walking towards, despite not wanting to. A path that nearly everyone expected him to go down and had very little faith that he could ever go another way.

And for the most part, JJ had accepted that. He knew that he had a role to play and that there really wasn't much else out there for him. But before all that would come into fruition, he was determined to just live in the moment, to party and seek out adventure and not care about anything but having a good time, all the time. His friends and his lifestyle and the scraps of freedom he was desperately clinging onto were the good parts of his life, the parts that made him able to smile and laugh and forget everything else.

But the best part of his life? The part that gave him hope for more, even when he thought it was impossible?

Well, that was River Blue Routledge, of course.

She was the only one that knew him - like, really knew him. And she never shied away from who he was or tried to change him. She was his partner in crime, the one that never turned him down when all he wanted was to do something wild and impulsive, the one that never yelled at him when things went a little too far - unless he really deserved it. She was good at calling him out on his shit, but since she knew the reasons why he was so careless at times, she always handled him with grace and patience. When everyone else treated him like nothing but a filthy criminal, she treated him like a normal teenager. She treated him the way he always wanted to be treated, with love and care and all that gushy stuff.