𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

"𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙟𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚 - 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩 ♪

DURING THE FIRST FEW WEEKS after Big John's disappearance, Blue waited around for a sign that he was alive

She had never gotten one, of course, but she still waited. For days, she would sit around the Chateau or visit her father's favorite places and look for any kind of clue that he was okay - that he hadn't died despite what everyone else believed. But with each passing sunrise and sunset, her hope had shrunk down like a dying flame, and she stopped waiting. She had almost accepted the fact that her father was most likely long gone, but then they found that goddamn compass, and hope began to spark once again.

Now, it was completely aflame, bright and hot and smothering the girl's entire being. Her father's handwriting was staring back at her, her name written in his sharp and nearly illiterate script, and Blue was on fire.

John B was staring at the envelope from over her shoulder, his eyes wide and stance timid. "This is from our dad." He mumbled.

The girl ran her fingers over the words that adorned the white envelope, her mind slipping away from her surroundings as her focus found its home in the message that rested in her hands. In the background, she could hear Kiara climbing out of the mausoleum and JJ sparking up a joint just a few feet away. As Pope and Kie sent mixed looks full of wide eyes and proud smiles to the Routledges, JJ stood guard, alerting them when he heard a set of tires pull up to the grave.

"Code red. Code red." The blond spoke up, clouds of smoke escaping his lips as he voiced the warning. Blue's eyes finally left the envelope and latched onto him. "Square groupers! Square groupers!" JJ turned, running as he ushered them all to hide beside the concrete structure.

Blue could feel her limbs start to freeze just as they had back at the Chateau, but before she could become a statue, Kiara placed her hands on Blue's shoulders in order to move the girl along. "Go!"