☆ 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 ☆

"𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙧𝙢 - 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩 ♪

"SINCE WHEN DOES IT SNOW IN THE OUTER BANKS?"

Blue laughed as JJ trudged through the white slosh, his blue eyes looking brighter than ever as they stared incredulously at the falling flakes around them. The two of them had gone out on a beer run, surprised to find that Geechie's was still open despite it being Christmas day. As the pair walked back to the Chateau, snow covered every inch of the road and sprinkled along their beanies and jackets, causing a slight chill to settle into their bones.

"I don't know, but I love it." Blue grinned, the tip of her nose and cheekbones red from the cold wind whipping at her skin, but she didn't care. She had never seen snow before, and she couldn't help but find it beautiful. Sure, it looked quite strange against the backdrop of the ocean surrounding the island, but that was what made it so incredible.

"We'll be lucky if we don't freeze to death out here." JJ huffed; his breath visible in the air as it left his mouth.

"You're so dramatic."

Their wardrobe was definitely not suited for the weather, though. While they had beanies covering their heads and ears, their coats weren't thick or warm enough to shield them from the freezing winds. They were used to their atmosphere never going below fifty degrees, always comfortable with merely jeans and jackets to combat the change in seasons. But this December was proving to be an outlier. Kildare was experiencing a snowstorm like it never had before, and it was safe to say that Blue and JJ were unprepared and very, very shocked.

She looked over at the boy next to her and took in his appearance. His usually sun-kissed skin was looking a bit paler, and it was accompanied with a rose blush that laid against his cheeks. His blond locks were peeking out from under his beanie, a light dusting of snowflakes covering some of the golden strands. The sleeves of the red hoodie he was wearing stretched over his hands, becoming a replacement for gloves since they couldn't find a single pair at the Chateau.