𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

"𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙: 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 - 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙠𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚 ♪

APPARENTLY, BLUE WAS VERY GOOD AT PRETENDING SHE WAS ASLEEP.

She had woken up the moment JJ left the bed, but she continued to lay still with her eyes closed. Why? She didn't quite know. Maybe she was nervous, not sure what to say or do after the events that occurred the night before. It wasn't like she regretted anything - regretting JJ Maybank was wholly impossible for her to ever comprehend - she was just somehow a little shy despite how close they had been hours earlier.

So, she laid there, trying to bask in the simple, warm moments that were sure to end or be interrupted at some point. Blue knew that once her and JJ left her bedroom that things would start to get complicated. They would have to figure things out, wonder and stress about the Pogues and John B, all of the things that could and would disrupt the peace they had forged last night. When she thought about all of that, she wished she had the power to stop time and keep them in this morning light forever.

Blue heard him shuffling around the room, and as she discreetly moved from laying on her side to her stomach in order to hear him better, she heard the clink of his belt and the sound of his boots stepping along the wooden floor. Her heart sunk in her chest - he was leaving?

Why was he leaving?

Her mind instantly became consumed by unwanted possibilities, wondering if he regretted it, if he thought they had made a mistake. Was he trying to escape before he had to face her? Was he going to leave her there, alone, confused, and heartbroken? Was he running away from what she had hoped for and desired for half of her life?

But then she felt his fingers gently running along her face, his touch affectionate and soft, leaving a scarlet blush in its wake. He pressed a kiss onto her shoulder, and it took everything in her not to smile or open her eyes. She hadn't known the touch of his lips until merely ten hours earlier, but she was sure she was already addicted to it, positive she would die if she never got to feel it at least once more.