𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

"𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙨"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 - 𝙩𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙡𝙖 ♪

BLUE DIDN'T LIKE TO THINK SHE WAS NAIVE.

Or stupid, or blind, or anything like that. She liked to think she was smart and intuitive, that she could pick up on things quite easily and figure them out without much trouble. And for the most part, she was sure that was true.

But there was one thing that she couldn't figure out, one thing that made her feel like she was missing something that had been there all along. And that was JJ - more specifically, how he acted on the beach with Kalen, and why he kissed her on the cheek afterwards.

The Pogues were all lounging in the hammocks at the Chateau, listening to crickets' chirp and the wind gently pass through the tall grass that surrounded the marsh. They had come back to the Routledge residence once they were done surfing, needing a break from any and all activities, deciding to rest outside rather than attend whatever kegger was happening that night. And while everyone else seemed to be quietly contemplating the gold and the Royal Merchant, Blue was thinking about the blond boy and what his actions earlier in the day could have possibly meant.

Sure, he had explained himself to some capacity, but she wasn't really buying it. He had said he wanted to check on her, to rescue her, but he didn't act like it. No, usually when JJ was trying to come in between Blue and some guy, it was because there was a clear threat to the girl and JJ always handled it accordingly. He got up in the guy's face, told him off, even threw a punch or two if the situation warranted it.

But what had happened with Kalen was completely different. There was nothing to make JJ believe she needed rescuing, there were no harsh words or fists thrown around, and instead of acting tough and protective, JJ had simply been over-the-top sweet to Blue in front of Kalen. Like he was trying to stake his claim or something - go out his way to show that Blue was not Kalen's, that she was someone else's, even though she technically wasn't.