𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

"𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 - 𝙨𝙤𝙖𝙥&𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙣 ♪

TRYING TO GET JJ TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL WAS EQUIVALENT TO PULLING TEETH

It had been a couple hours since John B had been admitted into the emergency room. Kiara and Pope were in the waiting area, slumped over uncomfortable chairs, eyes blinking slowly as they fought to stay awake. It was nearing three in the morning now, and all of them were still clad in their Midsummers attire - except JJ, who had stashed a pair of camo shorts and a t-shirt in the Twinkie and had changed at some point during the tumultuous night.

Blue stood on the cold, tiled floor, bare feet covered in mud, desperately wishing she had grabbed her heels from the Twinkie - despite how much she loathed them. Wearing painful shoes for a little while longer was better than standing in the hospital with dirty, bare feet out for everyone to see.

Facing the erratic blond, she huffed out an exhausted breath, running a hand through her tangled hair. The long, dark strands had fallen out of the slightly elaborate hairstyle she had worn to the lavish event and now fell down her back in loose waves. Even though she hadn't looked in a mirror, Blue knew she looked like hell. She felt like it, too.

"J, I know you wanna stay, but you should take Kie and Pope home. They can't sleep here." Blue sighed, attempting to reason with the stubborn boy. She had told him that the three of them should probably go to the Chateau since it was getting so late, and of course, he met her suggestion with mounds of opposition.

"They can tough it out." He shrugged. "I'm not leaving."

Blue fought the urge to crumble on the floor out of pure fatigue and weakness. It wasn't that she didn't want him to stay - of course she did - but she knew that there was nothing else he could do for her or John B, and Pope and Kiara were about two minutes away from having the world's most depressing slumber party on the hospital floor. Although she craved his comfort and his presence, his help was needed elsewhere. She could tough this out on her own...right?