𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

"𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙬"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 (𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣) - 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩 ♪

ALL SHE COULD SEE WAS RED.

The small flame beginning to flicker in the corner of her eyes, the blood dripping from JJ's nose, the chipped polish on her nails becoming accented by the black metal of the gun in her hand. The scene unraveling before her was decorated with shades of crimson and scarlet despite the moon and projector light ushering in cerulean hues. Blue's sight was pure red, full of anger and adrenaline, burning her with delicious heat.

She hadn't ever felt this way before - not really. Sure, she had been mad and protective when it came to the vengeful Kook boys and their endless scheme to attack her friends, but it had never quite reached that level before. She had never felt the powerful, consuming need to get just as involved as she was then, holding a gun to the back of Rafe Cameron's head without a shred of fear or hesitation. The weight of it hadn't fully registered to her yet - what it meant to threaten a member of the most influential family on the entire island - more specifically, the Cameron with the psychotic streak and an unquenchable thirst for violence. None of that had occurred to Blue simply because her focus was solely dedicated to JJ and doing whatever was necessary to save him.

The blond's voice was loud and demanding attention, but she couldn't hear it, much less make sense of the words slipping past his now-split lip. She could hear Rafe's breathing, though - hear how it was beginning to pick up in pace, see how his shoulders were rising and falling in a faster pattern. Despite the lack of light, she saw the slight goosebumps crawling on the back of his neck, ending several inches below where the barrel of the gun met the crown of his head. A small part of her felt proud for evoking a sense of fear into the infamously vile playboy.