𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

"𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨, 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨, & 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 - 𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 ♪

♪ 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 - 𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 ♪

BLUE WAS UNCHARACTERISTICALLY QUIET.

It was now deeper into the night; stars had awoken in bright flares, parties down the road had come to an end, and the only sounds to be heard were those of gentle waves and various critters roaming about the marshlands. Crickets chirped, fireflies hovered above the tall grass, and squirrels climbed up and down tree trunks. It was peaceful.

But Blue's mind was anything but. There was a storm raging on, one with crackling thunder and unforgiving winds. Though on the outside, she simply seemed tired or indifferent, inside she was a hurricane.

It had been a couple hours since they listened to Big John's message. Once John B and Blue were finally out of tears, the Pogues had come to an unspoken agreement that the night could not and would not end on a sour note. JJ and Pope had dragged John B to the closest corner store to grab some beer, and Kiara had accompanied Blue in going over to the neighbor's house to retrieve her kitten, Rain. Luckily, Blue had dropped her off that morning before heading out to Lana's since no one would be home to care for her, and the decision proved to be a good one. Although the Routledge girl was quietly sitting in cyclone of grief and regret, she was grateful that her small friend had not been present for the tragedies that had occurred at the Chateau.

So now they all sat on the dock, beers in hand and Blue's kitten in her lap. While John B had decided to sit further away from the group to sit in his sadness, Blue was practically glued to JJ's side, his arm thrown around her shoulders to keep her plastered there. She hadn't even asked him to hold her - she didn't have to. He just did, because he knew that she needed it. Simple as that.