𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

"𝙤𝙣 𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚"

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨...

♪ 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 - 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙣𝙙 ♪

THE MAYBANK HOUSE WAS SLIGHTLY FOREIGN TO BLUE

She had only stepped foot on the property a handful of times in the past decade; maybe even less. Going there always seemed to be out of the question, never a thought in anyone's mind, never a solution - always the problem. And it was all because of Luke Maybank.

JJ's dad was well known around the island for all the wrong reasons. His reputation was one of drugs and bruises and arrests, one that bleed into every corner of his life, haunting his house and forcing his child to find refuge elsewhere. While Blue had never gotten an up-close look at the horrors that went on behind those four walls, she had seen the marks on JJ's face and had let him practically live at the Chateau for years, so she knew enough without needing to be a direct witness.

JJ had always told her to never go to his house - especially not in daylight, and especially not alone. The warning was meant to keep her away from Luke at all costs, who would most likely be out on a bender during the dark hours of the night, but possibly sleeping off his highs on the living room couch throughout the day. And for nearly ten years, Blue had listened. She had taken his warnings and held them with fear, knowing that if she were to run into Luke Maybank, she would be lucky to walk away without a mark on her skin or tears in her eyes. She never had any desire to visit the haunted house full of prescription pills on stained tables and drunken yells captured beneath peeling wallpaper.

But Blue had no choice this time. For once, the Maybank house was a beacon instead of a something to avoid. For once, she was actively running towards it, hoping she wasn't wrong for doing so.

She knew going there wasn't an entirely smart idea - she probably could've gone to Pope's or Kiara's and slummed it there instead, but both of those plans came with risks as well. Heyward's store would have customers that would be witnesses to her hiding out on their property, and Kie's parents wouldn't let her stay at their house unannounced, no matter how much they liked her. They had strict boundaries with Kiara's friends and Blue knew showing up would possibly rock a boat that did not need any more harsh waves coming at it.