3. Dante Harrison.

Dante^

I was speechless as I stood there in total disbelief. I stared up into the piercing blue eyes of the person who, in many ways, is responsible for shaping who I am now, unable to speak a word.

I was completely and thoroughly taken aback by his unexpected arrival and the aura of control he exuded as I stared at him in wonder.

I was finally able to meet the man my heart ached to meet in person after almost three years. I was overcome with emotion when I saw him and wanted to cry; despite the fact that I had lost the love of my life due to his infidelity, I yearned to fall into his arms again. I was so close yet so far away from him.

Happily, he could not identify me since I had dyed my hair to a brownish-blonde color instead of my thick jet black hair, and I had experimented by wearing green eye lenses with an eye frame in place of my usual light brown eyes. Fortunately, I was comfortable with the New Zealand accent and did a good job of emulating it.

"Oh my god isn't he handsome?" Mavis whispered in disbelief and astonishment.

I spun around to see Mavis's eyes sparkle with anticipation. As he turned to begin speaking, I noticed how everyone was enthralled by him.

"As I'm sure you're all aware, I serve as the CEO of the Harrison Ford Brokers organization. I will soon visit various departments to meet the teams in a quick introduction. I'm here to announce that, from today, I will be in charge of giving you directives. Show me your best and I'll make things happen for you. Throughout my time here, you'll discover that I'm a very rewarding man of hardworking people." Dante stated making me shudder after hearing his sultry voice after years.

"I'm not only in it for the profits; I'm here to restore and even improve the previous level of this organization. It will take all of us working together to make this company great, and I know you all have what it takes to do it. I made a substantial investment in this business because of that."

"Together with restoring the company's dominance, I also intend to make changes to the benefits package offered here, among other things. I intend to make you all feel at ease since I need your help to make this firm successful. From this point forward, all hands are on deck."

"After I have a meeting with all of you in your own departments, I will consider any suggestions and concerns. Enjoy your snacks and beverages for the time being. Following this, I expect greatness from each of you, so let's celebrate and bask. Good luck to you all." As the genuine CEO he is, Dante came to a conclusion.

Dante delivered a compelling speech, and I carefully observed him as he bowed to greet the other members of the company. As I stood in my place, I also observed as women rushed up to him to meet him before I was sudden snatched away from my thoughts by Mavis.

"He's so my type." Mavis murmured in my ear as she pulled me along to retrieve snacks and champagne.

"Wow really, I never noticed that with you and all the other girls here openly swooning over him." I was obnoxious in my speech.

"Lighten up Faith." Mavis retorted.

"Please don't tell me you've forgotten that he'll be firing others. Everyone in this room is acting as if Mr. Bloomfield hadn't informed them that he would be letting people go."

How could she tell me to lighten up?

"Faith what you need to do is to have Faith." Mavis quickly took a glass of champagne and drank it while I rolled my eyes at her.

"That's easy for you to say because your not overdue on work Mavis. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be heading back to work." I spoke walking away before she had a chance to say anything else that would upset me.