29. A beat down.

I glared at the woman who I knew no doubt took my babies, as I locked eyes with Catherine, my blood boiling with a seething rage that threatened to consume me entirely.

In that moment, it felt as if the weight of the world had condensed into a single question that escaped my lips, dripping with fury, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Why the hell would Dante bring me here with this woman after hearing what I had to say? Was this some sort of joke to Dante? Why wasn't she behind bars?

Her smug expression only intensified my anger, her rudeness further fueling my need to get my revenge from her. With every word she uttered, tauntingly, I felt the need to stab her in the face. "Isn't it obvious?" she taunted, a condescending smirk playing upon her lips. "I'm here because Dante needs me to be."

Her words landed like a blow, a direct hit to my already fragile emotions. It was as if the very foundations of my soul trembled, torn between the desire to have my way with this bitch and the desperate need to maintain control. The heat in my veins grew unbearable, and the fiery rage threatened to consume me entirely.

Mavis, always the keen one, shot Catherine a curious look after coming to stand next to me, clearly sensing the tense atmosphere. Her inquiry cutting through the tension, seeking answers in the midst of chaos. "Who is she, Avelyn?"

I took a deep breath, attempting to steady myself amidst the turmoil of emotions that threatened to drown me. My voice trembled with a mixture of anguish, and a desire to stab her multiple times with a knife.

"She's Catherine," I responded, my voice laced with venom. "The one who dared to kidnap my precious babies and the one who's going to fucking tell me where they are." I glared at the poisonous woman who had managed to help ruin my entire relationship with Dante.

In that instant, all reasoning fled, and my actions became instinctual. With a surge of energy, I launched myself towards Catherine, driven by a surge of raw emotion.

My hand instinctively found its way to her throat, fingers closing tightly around her delicate neck, a desperate attempt to channel the full force of my anger. Mavis, recognizing the gravity of the situation, joined me in beating this bitch up, grasping Catherine's hands to prevent her from inflicting harm upon me.

In that eruptive moment, a ton of emotions swirled around us - anger, desperation, and a fierce protectiveness over my babies.

"Where are my babies, you stupid bitch?!" I yelled, I pulled at her hair harshly in a desperate attempt to rip it all out before landing a few punches that connected. In response, Catherine's shrill shrieks pierced the room, a futile attempt to draw attention and escape from me and Mavis.

But her feeble resistance only fueled the inferno raging within me. I refused to relent, determined to let her have a piece of hell which I went through because of her.

The world around me faded into a red haze, engulfing my vision and distorting my senses. I was a force of nature, and nothing would stand in my way.

The intensity of my anger surged as Catherine fought back, her desperate screams merging with mine in a screeching of chaos. She clawed and thrashed, attempting to break free from my grasp, but my resolve remained unyielding as I continued to give her a beatdown.

Through gritted teeth, she growled, "Get off of me, you crazy bitch!" Her words were like venom, further fueling my wrath. I would not be deterred by her feeble attempts to stop me from getting my babies back.

With every fiber of my being consumed by fury, I knew that only one thing mattered—my babies. They were basically the only thing that mattered to me, and I would stop at nothing to rescue them from Catherine's clutches.