6. Ava and Aiden.

Four months ago....

Third party Pov....

Faith bit her lip as she struggled mightily to resist the urge to try to phone my parents. One of the most heartbreaking things for her was having to leave her own parents behind without any means of communication when they have only been supportive of her.

This was the second time she was about to contact her parents without wanting to think of the repercussions, placing both her and her babies in danger, but she was curious as to how they were doing. She just needed to hear their voice.

Slowly Faith dialed her mother's phone number and as it rang two times she could hear as her mother picked up and her voice saying hello almost bringing her to tears.

"A-Avelyn?" Faith heard as her mother mumbled after only hearing silence from her end.

"If this is you Avelyn, please just say something and let me know that you're ok." Avelyn's mother said tearily on the phone just hoping she would at least say a word.

Avelyn's father, who was nearby, called Dante and his tracker Gabriel at this point. Dante implored with Avelyn's mother to chat for a little longer as they labored diligently to record the call and trace Avelyn's whereabouts.

"Your father and I recently purchased a new house. We're moving in tomorrow, and it's just what you've always wanted—five rooms for all of us, one of which I've reserved exclusively for you and painted in your favorite shade of green. Just so you know, your father and I are not mad at you, and I sincerely hope you're doing great." On the other end of the phone, Avelyn's mother spoke, making Avelyn sniff quietly.

Avelyn could hear shuffling on the other end of the line before her father took a hold of the phone from her mother.

"Avelyn, we love you, I-if there was anything that have happened just know we're one hundred supportive of you no matter what. So, so please say something, let us know that it's really you and that you're doing fine?" Avelyn's father begged.

Unable to hold her sobs or keep quite any longer Avelyn immediately hang up the phone while slumping to the ground in a secluded room in the office.

"S-she hung up." Avelyn's father stated holding back his tears.

"Did you get her location?" Avelyn's mother hopefully asked Dante's tracker team.

"The location of the caller pulled up in a town in New Zealand called Kawerau." Dante's tracker Gabriel said.

"That has to be her! Avelyn has always wanted to go to New Zealand to visit." Avelyn's mother spoke up almost cheerily.

Dante on the other hand felt determined. He was so close to finding the love of his life that ran away from him. His first search was always New Zealand since Avelyn wanted to go there but it had always come up short.

It was clear she had changed her name which puzzled him as to why Avelyn would go through such a length to run away and change her name.

"This is good! We'll just head over to Kawerau in New Zealand and find her." Avelyn's father suggested.

"No, we've tried tracking every face from New Zealand hacking into the governments street camera and database. There's no face or anything that seems to have the identity of Avelyn. If you go, there and she spots you without you spotting her then she might just run away again." Dante concluded.

"So, what should we do? Stay here and do nothing?" Avelyn's mother questioned feeling frustrated.

"No mom, I have a plan." Dante answered.

"The call seem to be coming from a business phone." The tracker informed.

"What business?" Dante inquired.

"From a company called Dailyplus care." The tracker replied.

"That is where we'll start, since they don't have anyone by the name of Avelyn Harrison then we'll play smart." Dante concluded.

Present day....

--Dante's Pov--

I was sitting in a quaint coffee shop in the city when my tracker Gabriel arrived and took a seat in front of me.

"I want you to look into this female, her name is Faith Emerson. Go to the deed poll office if you have to but get me every information that you can find on her, including her childhood and where she was born, her family, go to her past schools she claims to have gone which she has on record and find out if anyone knows of her." I told my tracker Gabriel.

"I will, but do you have any indication that she and Avelyn might be related? But, sir, she does have a somewhat similar appearance to Avelyn." Gabriel inquired while casting a quick glance at the image I had provided of Faith.

I had good cause to think she was related to Avelyn, and I also had reason to think she was my Avelyn; if that were the case, I would make her suffer hard for leaving me and running away.

"I do, I also want you to follow her. I want to know where she goes and who she interacts with. I also want to know if she's dating anyone." I informed him.

There was no way this woman could have this many similarities to Avelyn and not be her, her hair, eyes and accent didn't fool me especially after she had let her guard down by dropping her accent and displaying an American accent.

Avelyn has no family here just as Faith do. She was also quite nervous in responding to my questions as if having something to hide.

If Faith wanted to play dumb and play a fool to catch wise, then I was one step ahead of her. Two can play that game.

"I'm on it." He stated before taking up the information I gave him and left.

I paid for my brunch and as I headed for the door and headed towards my car, I accidentally bumped into something or rather someone while glancing at my watch.

Glancing towards the ground I witnessed a small boy assisting another girl up off the ground as she began crying.

"Shh, it's ok." He cooed at her.

"You knocked my sissy over now say sorry." The little boy demanded, hugging a crying girl in his arms.

"Aiden don't be rude! I told you two not to run." A female snapped before turning towards me.

"I'm sorry, he can be very protective of his sister at times." She apologized, her eyes seemingly widening before I could see her cheeks ting.

Her chubby pink cheeks, flushed eyes, and pouty lips quivered as she gave me a shy glance before I knelt down to her level and apologized to her.

Seeing the way they looked and acted, I couldn't help but be surprised. Looking at the two, I frowned.

Odd.

"Do you forgive me?" I questioned her while getting a small nod as she glanced away from me before smiling.

I almost wanted to take her in my arms as I chuckled. While her brother was small and protective, she was shy and small. Not to mention pretty clever.

"Would you like a chocolate?" I offered her as she hesitantly nodded.

"Mommas say not to accept gifts from strangers." The small boy rambled on.

"That's ok, Aiden you can take it. As long as there's no nuts in it." The woman who seemed to be their mother spoke.

"Ok." The boy answered taking the chocolate.

"Thank you!" I ruffled both their hair having a tempting urge to. I had never felt this much urge to interact with a baby.

"Take care now." I said as the two looked up at me and smiled. I nodded towards the mother before leaving.

Weird.

**********

What do you think about this chapter? 😄 Don't forget to leave a comment and vote❣️