32. Desperate Attempt.

Catherine's Pov

With a triumphant smile on my lips, I couldn't help but relish in Avelyn's stupidity. How could she possibly think she had a chance to reclaim Dante's heart? From the very instant my eyes met his, I claimed him as mine, and no one else could lay a claim on him, even if he happened to be married.

Manipulating Avelyn turned out to be a surprisingly an effortless task. Her naivety and innocent devotion to Dante made her an easy target.

She was hopelessly in love, willing to sacrifice anything for him, and oblivious to the fact that Dante was devoted to her and would never cheat. She even placed his happiness above hers, which was an added advantage for me, as I prided myself on being selfless.

Fortunately, our close ties as family friends worked to my advantage. When I decided to seize a better opportunity in New York, my family's connections paved the way.

Through a close family friend of Dante's, I managed to secure a position in his esteemed company. It was a stroke of luck that would soon shape our intertwined destinies.

The moment my gaze met Dante's captivating eyes; I instinctively knew our union was inevitable. His unparalleled handsomeness captured my heart, igniting a flame that burned with the intensity of love at first sight.

I was prepared to go to any lengths necessary to ensure we would be happily married, for he was the embodiment of my deepest desires.

As I laid eyes upon the glimmering wedding band adorning Dante's finger, my mind began to craft a devious plan. With calculated precision, I orchestrated my ascent up the professional ladder, from a bookkeeper to his personal assistant, discreetly eliminating not one, but two of Dante's personal assistants without arousing an ounce of suspicion.

Soon enough, I cunningly positioned myself as his new personal assistant, an integral part of his daily life. Now, it was time to rid him of his ignorant wife.

Time and again, I would overhear Dante's conversations, his voice filled with affection as Dante spoke of his beloved spouse. Avelyn's name danced on his lips, a constant reminder of their sacred bond. It grated on my nerves, this constant mention of her, especially when he confessed his unwavering love and deemed himself perfect for her.

That's when I resolved to devise a foolproof plan to eradicate Avelyn from Dante's life once and for all. I found it perplexing that someone who purportedly loved her husband so deeply would hardly put up a fight when I told her about his infidelity. In my eyes, Dante deserved better, someone who would fiercely defend his honor and fight for their relationship.

While the thought of simply hiring a hitman crossed my mind, the execution proved difficult. Avelyn's elusive whereabouts and Dante's meticulous security measures ensured that she remained protected whenever she ventured outside their home.

I would need to strategize further, utilizing my cunning and resourcefulness to accomplish my ultimate objective.

As fate would have it, an opportunity presented itself when Dante's maid was tasked with delivering an item to my family's doorstep. Leveraging our existing familial friendship, I seized the chance to forge a closer connection.

Utilizing my cunning skills, I skillfully extracted sensitive information from her through the art of blackmail, gaining access to an intimate view of Dante and Avelyn's sacred bedroom.

Crafting a replica room with careful attention to detail by snapping a few photos, I orchestrated a fabricated scene of intimacy between a man and myself and ensuring every aspect mirrored their actual bedroom.

With adept proficiency, I expertly manipulated the footage through the wonders of digital manipulation, skillfully photoshopping and adding a convincing voice-over to create a deceptive video. Though it came at a significant cost, I firmly believed that the investment would pay off handsomely in the long run, once Dante was finally mine.