4. Everything's Falling apart.

Six years ago....

I bumped into a very hard chest and knocked out all the documents from my hand on the ground.

I quickly tried to pick them up after being late for my classes a second time around.

"Damnit Adelyn." I scolded myself for unfortunately colliding into someone while being late.

"Take it easy on yourself."

"I'm sorry for bumping into you I was in a hurry, and I need to...." I stopped my mumbling after looking into the deepest ocean blue eyes I had ever seen.

"Not a problem misses Adelyn Paige. Just try not to get hurt by a wall next time." The man shocked shocking me.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" I questioned curious.

"It's written on your papers." I blushed seeing how stupid I was for thinking he knew me otherwise.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Dante Harrison." He spoke making me confused before further saying, "My name's Dante Harrison." I nodded my head in understanding.

"Thank you, Dante Harrison." I mentally face palmed myself for saying his full name.

"I'll see you around Avelyn." Dante smiled at me before leaving.

Present day......

"I hope there's no need for you to rush home today, Miss. Emerson?" I looked down at my shoes angrily before looking up at him with a weary smile.

With his head cocked to the side, I had to fight the impulse to squeeze his cheeks. Every time he did it in the past, I always did what I was accustomed to doing.

"Actually, I can stay for a little while longer." I lied once again by saying that, looking up into his attractive silver eyes brought back emotions and sensations I never realized were still so firmly there.

"You now have a different assignment to complete. For the remaining time I'm here, you'll serve as my personal assistant since I don't have one at the moment." Dante concluded, appearing to seek my eyes for something as his gaze seemed to probe them. I'm not going to lie—I was flabbergasted.

I gave up on trying to ignore his intense attention at me and instead focused on his well-fitted suit. It annoyed me. I made an effort to keep my rage against him hidden.

Whenever I thought back on the circumstances that forced me to flee, I became enraged. I was enraged at the fact that I was still in love with him and that he was making it harder for me to go about my day-to-day responsibilities of caring for my babies.

I crinkled my nose, perplexed as to why this was the case "However, Mr. Bloomfield and Bloomfield Junior personal assistants have significantly more experience as personal assistants than I do, sir. I'm perplexed as to why you chose me for the position since they'd be the ideal candidates. I apologize if I do come off as rude." I was confused as to what Dante was up to.

"A role in administration helps the company run its day-to-day operations. The same is true of each and every other department in this building, Ms. Emerson. Given that restructuring is necessary to lift this business back to where it was previously, restructuring an organization to increase performance is entirely appropriate. This method has consistently worked for me when I've utilized it, which I have multiple times." He coldly gave an entire lecture before continuing.

"And if you may also know the personal assistants for Mr. Bloomfield were fired since they were so far behind, and I could see very plainly why." He brushed me off, appearing agitated with me.