17. That one kiss.

Dante's Pov

The plan I had concocted was both simple and intricate all at once: to elicit a reaction from Faith, the woman I knew undoubtedly was my wife hiding under a facade.

Using the guise of a business meeting, I arranged for us to meet in a more intimate setting, one where we could truly connect, and I could get to know the real Faith.

So, I devised a plan to draw her out, to make her succumb to my playful, yet deliberate temptations. I knew I had to be careful, subtle even, to avoid raising any suspicions. But the thought of finally being able to get closer to her was too alluring to ignore.

I was starting to feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. I had to know if the chemistry we once shared was still there, if the sparks that used to fly between us were still capable of igniting into a blazing inferno.

With every touch and every word that passed between us, I watched carefully for any sign of the old Avelyn. I needed to know if she still harbored any lingering feelings for me, if the mere mention of her previous name could elicit a reaction from deep within her.

It would have been far easier to conduct my meetings online. Yet, something inside me told me this would be a perfect idea to get to know the real Faith more than she's actually letting on.

I watched for any signs that my wife still held the same feelings for me as she once did. I could feel that Faith was still there, waiting to be discovered. And if I could confirm her true identity, then it was time to bring her home.

But before that could happen, I knew I had to get to know her children, the ones she had spoken of so fondly. I wanted to make sure they would accept me as part of their family and that I could be a father figure to them. It was a crucial step in the plan, one that couldn't be overlooked.

Yet Faith's words yesterday left me puzzled. Had I unintentionally hurt her and caused her to leave? Despite any hurt she may have caused me; I knew I couldn't bear to lose her again and I just knew within me Faith was Avelyn. With a sense of purpose, I vowed to make things right between us and find out the truth behind her departure.

A knock on my door shattered the silence of my room. As I approached and swung open the door, there stood the object of my desire. Her eyes widened in surprise as she looked up at me. A rush of adrenaline coursed through me as I noticed her blush and shy away from my exposed chest.

Faith spoke up nervously, "I-I could come back when you're dressed?"

Despite the overwhelming desire to embrace her in my arms, I composed myself and fought the urge. Faith's nervous stammer only fueled my anticipation, and I knew that my plan was working perfectly. With a devious smile, I took her hand and led her into my room, locking the door behind us.

"There's no need for that, Faith," I stated, dropping my towel to the ground before reaching for a t-shirt.

"Oh my god," she gasped, quickly turning her back in shock, which only made me smirk.

"I'm done." I placed on my t-shirt now completely dressed as she turned around to face me, "Are you afraid of me, Faith?" I asked, stepping closer to her until we were almost touching.

Faith shook her head vigorously side by side, "Well you should be." I chuckled as she jumped due to my closeness to her.

I was loving it.

"I'm just teasing, Faith. No need to take it seriously," I said with a smile, though it was far from the truth.

As much as I enjoyed pushing her buttons and relishing in her reactions to my playful taunts, I couldn't resist the thrill of getting a reaction out of her.