Blacks' Story

"Don't you dare talk to her like that"

Harry's pov

I started wandering around the castle when I got an idea to how to get to Hogsmeade. Professor Lupin, yet again, noticed me so he asked me if I want to talk. I accepted, it's not like I have anything better to do.

The weather in the forest was clear, unlike at Hogwarts. It was snowing heavily at Hogwarts, while here, in the forest, the sun shone brightly. Not a drop of rain or a sign of snow in sight.

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick, is there no chance of fixing it?" professor Lupin said as we walked."

"No." I replied with my head down. My broom was done for. I can't buy a new one anyways. I can't go to Hogsmeade, sadly. Unless my plan works.

A question popped in my head as I remembered what happened with the dementors. "Professor, why do the dementors affect me so, I mean, more than everyone else?" I asked.

"Listen." professor Lupin said. "The dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth, they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences." professor Lupin said with a sigh.

"You are not weak, Harry." professor Lupin assured. "The dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors most of your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"But, what about y/n? She fainted too. On the train, with me. You were there professor".

"Well, Harry, I can't really answer you this question. I think it is for the best you ask y/n herself".

"I'm scared, professor." 

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." he said laughing.

I stopped in my place. "I need to know how to fight them. You could teach me. You made the dementor on the train go away."

"There was only one that night."

"But, you made it go away." 

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry." he said before pausing. "But, as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you, perhaps I should teach you. But, after the holidays. For now, I need to rest."

"So, we will meet after the holidays?".

"Yes, we will meet after the holidays".

~

My walk with professor Lupin was short. I went back to the castle, to the clock tower to be exact, and watched Ron and Hermione from there with y/n.

"Last call for Hogsmeade! come on, now!" I heard Mr. Filch say to everyone. y/n hugged me and ran off, after, I told her to go.

y/n, Ron and Hermione left to Hogsmeade. I watched them leave from the clock tower. I wished I could be with them, with her. 

Once everyone left I ran towards the the boys' dorm. I need my cloak. I got it, I threw it on myself and walked out of the castle to the courtyard.