Weights Of Hatred

"14

"14."

Harry's pov

The bell rang after breakfast and we starting heading to Hagrid's hut, we are going to be feeding the Blast - Ended Skrewts.

I tried to shove the looks I would get from the Hufflepuff's house students. We are usually on great terms with them, mostly them. Even professor Sprout gave me the same dirty looks. It was easily noticeable that they had developed a huge amount og hatred towards me.

"Good mornin'" Hagrid greeted us when we arrived at his hut. "Today, you will fee' the Blast -  Ended Skrewts." He informed us. He walked back to his wooden hut to grab something

The Slytherin's house students arrived. Now, since it is the first time I face them after yesterday's champion's selection. As expected, Malfoy was the first one to spit words. Great. Now, he has all the reasons to keep annoying me.

"Ah, look boys!, it is the champion," He started to say tohis house - classmates, the moment they spotted me, of course making sure they were within earshot of mine. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he is going to be around much longer." He recommended with a grin.

I had a straight face as he and his friends laughed. "y/n don't forget to remind Draco to when Harry is free, he would love to have his autograph."  Crabbe asked her. 

"Very funny, Crabbe. I know for a fact Draco has enough brain cells to remember himself, right Draco?" She replied with her arms crossed with a huge grin forming across her face.

"Oh how I wish I did have more brain cells than the ones you gave me. I reckon you are the one making me losing brain cells." Draco replied mocking. Hermione spoke up to her iin defence of me and her. Ron did't laugh with them nor he defended me, until Draco started offending y/n and Hermione.

Draco stopped there as Hagrid emerged out of the hut and he had the same boxes teetering as they were stacked on top of each other as a tower from last lesson's and another one that had leashes in them. Hagrid opened the  crates and the small creatures were attacking each other. 

He closed it quickly as Hermione gasped at the sight. "Don' worry, they do tha' when they a'e hungry. Come on, put the leashes on and around their middle part of their body, and walk all around the lawn. Oh, and please, wear your dragon gloves."

Everyone started wearing their gloves and tried putting on leashes as the creatures started running away all over the open green miles - wide lawn. The sight was funny as students tripped. Watching Draco struggle was  worth standing there like a scarecrow.

I noticed I haven't started on the assigned project Hagrid asked us to do. I put on my gloves and took a light blue leash. I had a thought, which is trying to put the leash on the Blast - Ended Skrewt while it is in the crate, though it pushed the crate and it flipped upside down.