Chapter 1

Delilah Raidon

I took the paper from Mrs Beral's hand.

"Your grades are not pleasing at all Delilah. I've set up a meeting with your parents to discuss your grades and see a way forward."

I nodded, "I'll try to improve my grades."

"You sure will." She stated, signing a late pass.

"Off you go."

I stood up and rolled my eyes. There are some things in life that don't matter and school is one of them.

I love learning but there's something about the school system I hate. They teach what they want you to know, not exactly what you need to know.

I slowly walked to my next class, trying to pass as much time as possible. I don't see a point in all of this honestly.

I opened the door to my History class and walked in. Mr Zal stopped his lesson as he looked at me.

I handed him my late pass, "I was with Principal Beral." I stated.

He nodded his head and I made my way to the seat, which wasn't at the back of the class. It was right in front of his desk.

I sighed as I sat back in my seat and stared at the board. I had no idea what he was on and on about so I just decided to shift my attention elsewhere.

I watched the other learners write down whatever was on the board onto their notebooks. I chewed the inside of my cheek contemplating if I should do the same.

It's not that I have a learning disability, it's just that I don't have an attention span for this school shit anymore.

"Delilah I'd appreciate it if you payed attention in my class."

I shifted my focus back to Mr Zal. He kept his gaze on me. I shifted in my seat anxiously.

"Yes sir." I mumbled.

He went back to teaching and I went back to daydreaming. Just thinking about life.

I live with parents alongside my older sister and younger brother. We live in an average sized house. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and dining room.

My parents both worked as accountants in the same company. Which is weird, imagine working with your spouse, seeing their face all day; everyday.

I have zero friends. Like none. I'm not antisocial, I just don't put much effort in making friends.

The school bell rang, dismissing us from class. I stood up with my bag and started making my way out.

"Delilah!" Mr Zal called.

I stopped in my tracks and made my way to him.

"What's going on with you?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Your grades are gradually decreasing and not only my class, you're failing all your other classes too. Is everything okay at home?" He questioned.

Everything is well at home. I believe I'm loved and supported by every single member of my family... that's what I believe.

I nodded, "Yes sir, everything is okay at home."

He stared at me like he didn't believe me. I chewed the inside of my cheek and shifted my gaze away from him. I hate being stared at, it makes me anxious.

"I think you require extra lessons for my class."

"No sir, I promise to study harder. I won't be needing extra classes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes sir." I replied.

He nodded and I sighed in relief. There was no way I was going to extra classes knowing that I hate school.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

I nodded, "Yeah." I said and made my way out of his class.

I'm so glad to be going home. A place where I can be myself with no judgements.