Chapter 4

"Have a good day at school, sweety." My mother said to Johnson as we pulled up to his school.

Delphia sat behind the wheel and Dwight in the passenger seat.

"Bye mom, bye dad, bye Delilah" Johnson said.

We all said our goodbyes and my mom pulled off, heading in the direction of my school.

"I hope this meeting doesn't consume most of my time." My father grumbled.

I rolled my eyes. Delphia gave me a look through the rearview mirror and I looked away.

This is honestly so stupid. There's no way I'm the only student failing.

We finally pulled up to my school and headed to the principal's office. Upon our arrival we we're let in by principal Beral.

"Mr and Mrs Raidon, I'm so glad you could make it at such short notice."

"Of course." My mother said.

"Not to waste anymore time. Your daughter is suffering academically and I think it's time we do something about it."

"So what you're telling me is, when her grades started dropping you didn't see anything wrong with that?" My father questioned.

Principal Beral cleared her throat, "We believed that there were problems at home, so we didn't want to interfere in your family's business."

"And what made you come to that conclusion?" My mother asked, looking from Principal Beral to me.

"Usually when our student's grades start dropping, it's usually caused by personal issues from home."

Delphia nodded, "I still don't see why you didn't set up this meeting as soon as you realised that my daughter was suffering academically."

"I apologize for that Mr and Mrs Raidon, but now that you do know, I'd like us to find a way forward."

My father sighed, "What do you suggest we do?"

Principal Beral was about to speak but Delphia cut her off, "You don't have to worry about all of that. We'll make sure she makes school a priority and she focuses on her schoolwork."

Principal Beral nodded and my father agreed too.

"Uhm mom, can I take the day off, I'm not feeling too good." I lied. 

My mother looked to me, "No." She sternly said. She stood up and my father followed suit.

"Thank you so much for having us Mrs Beral." Dwight said shaking her hand.

My mother did the same then turned her gaze at me, "Get to class."

I slowly stood up and shared a short glance at principal Beral. She had a sympathetic look on her face. I looked to my father and he smiled small.

"See you later, kid."

I nodded my head then made my way to class. Today was gonna be a long day.

***********************************
It was finally the end of the day and I was making my way back home.

I walked home alone because I didn't have any friends. I was used to walking alone so I didn't feel any type of way about it.

As I crossed the street, I noticed a person following me. I couldn't tell the gender of the person but they wore a grey hoodie with blue jeans and white sneakers. They had their head down, with a cap covering their face.

Instead of walking down the road, I decided to take a right turn. I quickly looked back and noticed the person was still following me. When I picked up my pace, the person seemed to do the same. I slowed down, pretending to tie my shoelaces.

I slightly looked back and saw that they also slowed down too. They stood by the wall, looking at the cars that passed by. Anyone who passed us, wouldn't find anything suspicious about the situation.

I stood up and ran to my house, taking another route. This time, I didn't look back. I just ran and ran, hoping to reach my destination soon.

When I got home, I ran inside and slammed the door. But this time I didn't do it from annoyance, I did it out of fear.

I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I quickly made my way to my bathroom and locked the door.

I was panting heavily, sweat dripped down the sides of my face. I wiped the salted water with my forearm.

I sat on the toilet trying to catch my breath. I felt my heartbeat in my ears, pounding out of fear and all that running.

I sat silently on the toilet seat, listening for any suspicious motions or noises.

Even though I didn't hear anything, I decided to just stay in the bathroom. Afraid that if I go out, I'd give them an opportunity to attack me.

I know you're not supposed to lead people to where you live but in the heat of the moment, you don't even think about that and I didn't think about that at all.