Chapter 27

Discharge Day

A smile crept on my face when I saw Delphia walking into the reception area. I had my bags and medication with me.

"Hi mom." I greeted her with a smile.

"Hi, are you ready?"

I nodded then she walked over to the receptionist. A nurse came up to us with papers in her hand.

"Good day Mrs Raidon. Here are her discharge papers. Just need you to sign here." The nurse said, handing Delphia the papers and a pen.

She signed them then handed her back the papers.

"Thank you so much, you've helped my daughter in more ways than you can imagine." Delphia said to the nurse.

I pulled a face because Delphia is not one to be fake or maybe she wasn't being fake, but neither was she one to be so polite either.

We said our goodbyes then made our way to the car.

Elin was seated in the front seat. She's always sitting in the front seat when mom drives.

"Mom can I sit in the front?" I asked her as she opened her door.

"Elin is sitting there." She said getting into the car.

"Exactly. Get in." Elin said smiling.

"But you're always shot gunning." I grumbled, opening the door.

Elin laughed, "Firstly don't I have my own car and you found me here."

"Both of you get in the back." Delphia said.

Elin and I looked at her, "In the back Elin." She added.

Elin got out the car and got in the back seat with me. I laughed at her as she just sat in the back with her arms folded against her chest.

"Just know when you're in my car, you'll be sitting at the back." Elin stated

"I'm sorry sis." I jokingly said. I know she's not serious about that but even if she was, I didn't take her seriously...at all.

**********************

I walked into my room and my curtains and windows were open. I dropped my bags and medication on the floor and began closing the windows and curtains.

There was a gift bag on my bed but as I was about to take it, Elin barged into the room.

"Please tell me you opened the windows." Elin said, staring at me.

I remained silent and shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.

"No! We're not doing this. OPEN THE DAMN WINDOWS DELILAH!" She yelled at me.

She began furiously opening my curtains and windows. What's wrong with the way I like my room?

"Don't yell at me. This is my room if you've forgotten."

She just rolled her eyes, "I got you a gift." She smiled, handing me the gift bag that was on my bed.

I looked at her suspiciously as I took the gift bag from her. I reached into the bag and pulled out a vibrator.

"Elin what the hell?!" I threw the empty gift bag on the bed and examined the vibrator in my hand.

""What? You don't like it? I thought you would because I caught you maturbating the other day"

"I wasn't masturbating." I said in disgust.

"Dee you're back!" Johnson appeared at the door. I quickly hid the vibrator behind my back.